Thursday, March 5, 2009

WE Came Back

I had one of those "awakening" moment in one's life over the weekend. And because it happened at the first day of the month, and of the week (Sunday) it must really mean something, right?

I thought I was having one of those lazy Sundays I'm used to have but out of the blue the least person that I expected to contact me did sent me a message. He wants us to meet up, it wasn't the first time he asked me that but I kept on delaying and there was one time that I ignored his message, as if I didn't receive it. But last Sunday was different, or should I say I felt different. I gave in to his suggestion and we met up. It's funny because what I thought to be an awkward situation, isn't 'that' awkward after all. I remembered the last time we talked I was hurting and acted like a total bitch to him (which I think is justifiable because of what he did to me). And it really surprised me because we took off the same place where we got off. As if nothing ever happened, as if one of us just went on a long vacation in a remote island with no means of communication whatsoever.

I never felt so relieved in my entire life (except for that one time I crashed my friend's motorcycle and I haven't had a scratch), he's like my other half, my life ain't complete without him. And not being able to talk to him for 4 months was the longest 4 months of my life. I was floating during those for months, I had happy moments but I can't be happier because I wasn't able to share it with him.

I know that we should talk things to be able to move on, but I think were not of that kind. In our species, we forgive and we forget. No ifs, no buts. Maybe that's always how it is when it comes to family. (No Sam, I'm not talking about Mr. D. I'm talking about my brother. And about Mr. D, we're friends (estranged friends! Hahaha) Because we know in our hearts that no matter what we do and what we'll ever do our family will always be there for us at the end of the day.

No comments: