Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Movies Moved Me!

I finally watched Slumdog Millionaire and I can say that Slumdog is a great movie. To tell you the truth, while I was watching the Oscar's I was praying that Benjamin Button will win the Best Picture but when it didn't I was kind of disappointed so to prove myself wrong that maybe Slumdog deserves to win the Best Picture award I watched the movie.

After watching the movie I can finally agree with the Academy, I can tell a lot of good things about the movie, but sometimes I think that Slumdog is more like August Rush, the protagonist (Jamal) is either his life is just so full of coincidences or he's just plain lucky. Imagine the things he'd been through as well as Latika and yet they still find their way to each other. And the journey to each other's arms is just to tragic for me, it seemed like the universe conspired to break them apart since day 1, but at least the movie had a happy ending, right? Is dancing with "your destiny" on the train station considered a happy ending? I really hope so.

So if you want to watch an award worthy film, watch this movie. The next movie that I'll be watching later will be The Reader, I heard it's a great film too. Sad that I can't say the same for Revolutionary Road, the plot is just too complicated for me but the acting is really superb! Leo and Kate are more than great in this film. I cried with both of them, and Kate left me wondering what the h*ll could be possibly wrong with her, her character is tad complicated and problematic, one minute I thought she was having this psychological disorder. It's one of those movies that has a dark ending, or not so dark. Though I didn't like the plot of the movie, the actors and the acting is worth watching.

No comments: