Saturday, January 22, 2011

Facebook Post Reposted

Reposting some mushy stuff... I found this post on Facebook by a friend who posted it to another friend's wall. ☺


Have you ever found yourself WAITING around for a man?
Waiting for him to call, waiting for him to say he loves you, 
waiting for him to book you up on a Saturday night, 
waiting for a lifetime commitment?

If you've ever felt desperate at that moment,
absolutely helpless, you're not alone.
Some of us have waited evenings, 

watching television and hoping a man would call.
Some of us have waited years for the engagement ring to show up.
So, how long is too long to wait for a commitment from a man?



I gave up waiting many years back. I spent almost half of my life waiting, either for something or someone. And it was exhausting and excruciating. So I swore that I would never play the waiting game again. But surprise! Surprise! Here I am, back in the game, even playing forward! I just never learn. I know waiting doesn't always guarantee a happy ending, and often times it's quite the opposite of the big Hollywood movie ending that you kept playing in your head. But even though, we still wait. I think it's human nature, holding on to even the tiniest thread of hope. I just hope that something good will come out of this. But if not, hey this is a waiting game remember? I'm playing it and definitely I'm a sport! (I think ☺) And maybe someday when I replay this game, I can just have a good laugh about it.


I'm definitely playing and will be giving it my best shot. Go Team! Hahaha!


To the spectators: Please don't expect too much from this game, it's the first time that I'm playing again after a very serious injury that ended in the emergency room straight to ICU.  So please cut me some slack. *wink*

No comments: