Thursday, March 1, 2012

Personal Issues


I just posted a blog entry yesterday entitled Daddy Issues for Dummies and now I think I’m going to need that book myself ASAP. Just when I thought I’m over those days, the universe thought that hey, Ann might be over her daddy issues, let’s rock the boat a little to get some (re)action from her”. Honestly, I haven’t thought about him for quite some time now. Not that I don’t care or anything, but I just accepted the fact, the fact that our family dynamics are out of rails.

One might think that what triggered my issues to re-surface is the blog entry that I wrote yesterday. No, it isn’t the factor, not at all. But instead, it’s all because of Facebook! I still have this love-hate relationship with Facebook, so far hate is winning. Anyway, his update appeared on my newsfeed. He uploaded prom pictures of my half-sister, and even posted some witty yet sweet captions/comments. I don’t want to sugarcoat what I truly felt (still feel) to appear tough or whatsoever. I totally felt (still feel) jealous of her. So jealous, because I know I’ll never experience that moment with him, not ever. I’m an independent girl, I can fend and stand for myself. But that update was just too much, it melted the tin thingy that sits inside my ribcage and I lost all the faux strength that I’ve been trying to project half my life. I’m falling to pieces. This is even worse than my first real break-up.

My mom taught me and my brother well. She always taught us to be the bigger person in every situation, but in this situation I don’t think I can hold it any longer. I don’t want to be the bigger person anymore, I want to let loose the brat in me and type my rant in the comment. But I supposed I’ll find the strength to keep my composure, and again be the tough girl that I always project myself to be. I’ll continue being the bigger person and just rant here in my little blog where no one reads but me.

2 comments:

Love Love ♥ said...

I'm sorry to hear this. It's okay to break down, we are humans we have weakness too. Let people know that you are capable of falling apart. Then let them know how you really feel. I believe they will understand.

Kriann said...

I just wish it's that easy..