Monday, December 31, 2012

My Life: Year-End Report



We've finally reached the last day of 2012, in fact it's just over an hour more and we'll all be saying sayonara to 2012. And by WE, I meant all the people who live in the same timezone as I am. 

And for the sake of my sanity and for this promise I made myself half a decade ago that I am going to post a blog entry before the year ends. (Also, expect another entry tomorrow as I've made another promise to make an entry at the start of the new year.) So here goes Kriann's Life Year-End Report.

2012 is a leap year, and I myself made one too many leaps of faith this year. Also I got to do some stuff that I have't done yet, or haven't done in a really long time. This year isn't exactly the best year of my life yet, but I've tried to make the most of it. Actually, if I were to be honest this year is the best and the worst of my life. 

The worst year because it's the year that I quit my job after 7 years of working in the same company. Also, it's the year when I live off of my parent's money. My mom helped me get my bills paid, seriously isn't that embarrassing?  A grown woman mooching off her mother for her bills! Also, this year I've been my lowest. I had no self-confidence, self-respect whatsoever, and I forgot that I was Miss Positivity for 26 years! Thank god for my mom for reminding me that I am worth more than I give myself credit for. Also, I just broke my record of being single for the loooooongest time. Well, if this continues next year, I'm pretty sure I'll be breaking my personal record yet again.

And now on to the reasons why it's the best. Wait, the first two on my worst list, is also the first two on my best list! I've finally decided to quit the job that I don't love. I've grew the balls to say goodbye to the job that I've been complaining about for forever. Also, I think it's quite a good thing having your mom pay your bills don't you think? IT'S A BLESSING! Again, thank god for moms! Also, I realized that I am human, I am allowed to be sad and break every once in a while. As Jessie J puts it, "it's ok not to be ok". And hell yeah, it does! 

This year, I got to do a whole lot of traveling. I also got to know myself better than I did before. I did a lot of writing, although I've yet to finish them. I'm really that kind of person who loves to start doing everything at once, so can you please forgive me? Maybe before 2013 ends, I'll be able to finish them all. Fingers crossed. I've also got to spend a lot of time with family and friends. 

My only regret is that I could have learned a new language or acquired a new skill with the free time that I had, but I didn't. Because I'm a slacker. I can hear Maura Isles in my head.

"Three months. You could have read all of Shakespeare, you know? Learned Finnish. Instead you've become a platinum member of the shopping channel."

She's actually right, except for becoming a platinum member of the shopping channel because do I have to remind everybody that I am broke? Instead of learning a new language or acquiring a new skill I think Maura Isles will still be proud of me because I've watched each episode of Rizzoli and Isles. Not just once, but I think more than thrice. I hope next year will be so much better than  2012, I seriously hope so. 

No comments: