Saturday, August 8, 2015

New Chapter


It's been a whirlwind couple of months for me. I had, and still have a lot of things going on in my life. I made one of the hardest and at the same time the easiest decision in my life. The easiest was quitting the job that I felt was clipping my wings and the hardest was leaving the people that I've worked with who eventually became my closest friends. And I've also made a decision of leaving my country. 

I'm not a stranger to travelling as I've been doing it with my family ever since I could remember and when I was old enough to travel solo,  I've been unstoppable. Travelling every time I've got the chance: a long weekend, a week away from the hustle and bustle or even just an hour drive out of the city. I love having long drives with my friends but I also treasure solitude. 

I would go miles away from the city just to check-in in a hotel and sleep the entire time. And sometimes have staycation by myself. 

But moving to another country alone is different. It's a lot different from the time that I moved to Manila after college, I was still in the same country, same time zone with my family. Now it's different, I'm not going home any time soon and the time difference is kind of a pain. I'm just about to go to bed while my friends and family's alarms are going off to get ready for work. 

The time that I used to spend with my family and friends doing things is now constrained to chatting and video calling. I'm not complaining though, it's a choice that I made and no one pressured me to do it. And I just have to live with it, three years is not that long. And maybe by then I've already figured out what I want to do with my life.

No comments: