Sunday, November 19, 2006

Christmas is Almost Here

My to-die for rest days are here again... Just three more hours before my week officially ends! Life is so great! It just seemed like yesterday was Tuesday and I had a hard time getting my self up for work.. and now it's already Sunday! Geez, how quickly time flies by. We won't notice it but soon it will be Decemeber, and that means only one thing, christmas! As I wrote before Decemember is one of my favorite months. For the obvious reason... And also it's the time of the year where everybody is happy. People put aside their problems for a while for the merriment of the season. And even you have loads on your shoulders just seeing the surroundings full of christmas decors, makes your load lighter and even makes you feel better.

Christmas, if not the happiest but, is one of the happiest holidays on earth. And we filipinos do a lot of preparations for the holiday. For one, we decorate our homes with joyous decors, we go christmas shopping not only for ourselves but for everyone we love, even for some persons that we don't know. my family does that, when someone we don't know comes knocking on our door on christmas day we give them something, like christmas give-aways. Its our simple way of sharing our blessings to the less fortunate. And last but not the least... We prepare a very sumptous and joyous feast on the eve of christmas.

What I love about christmas is the Simbang Gabi, which I haven't completed the 9 mornings yet ever, coz it seems like something comes up or just me feeling too lazy to get-up early in the morning. I also like the decorating part... I love decorating our house. I also love shopping for christmas presents, I like giving gifts but I love receiving gifts more! Hahahaha. I won't be hypocrite here... tell me who among you who doesn't want to receive presents? Raise your feet! Hehehehe. Though I know that "it's better to receive than to give... err to give than to receive" but ... I love receiving presents still!

Also I love the food, though I don't really help prepare. I only do the taste test and of course the eating! And... last but not the least.. I love the christmas gatherings.. be it with family... close friends... high school batchmates.. college firends.. company... organizations... affiliations... or simply the village's christmas party.

The only not-so-downside of christmas for me is.. you spend more.. and you eat more than the usual! But I already planned for that before-hand.. About the spending.. I already saved some money for that just a month after the year started, and I'm trying my hardest not to eat much these past months.. err weeks.. or days I think to prepare for the christmas feast.

Haaaayyy... I'm so excited. I just can't wait till its christmas..

Have a happy weekend evreryone... And pray that Pacquiao wins! Hehehehe

No comments: