Monday, January 21, 2008

Laundry Business and Nail Art

You all know how I loathed doing the laundry. I don't know the specific reason why I hate doing it, I just do and that's all you need to know.

Yesterday, when I was on my way home I thought of doing my laundry since the sun was brightly shining. If you don't know, the weather couldn't be gloomier since we arrived last Wednesday and yesterday was the first day the sun shone brightly on the east side of Manila. So, when I got home I made my thought a reality, I did my laundry. But while doing my laundry I realized something. I realized that people are like soiled or dirty clothes that needs to be cleaned. And if we just do our laundry often or as soon as our clothes get toiled and dirty we wouldn't take much time scrubbing it clean. Just like us humans, if we do mistakes we need to correct it right away, because if not we may have a hard time scrubbing off the dirt on us. Like the stained clothes, if we don't wash it right away, the stain hardens on the fabric and it would take too much time scrubbing the stain away, and sometimes if it can't be helped the stain lasts forever and our clothes will never be the same again. It may look squeaky clean in other parts but the stain will always be there, and it will always be the center of attention, no matter how hard you did for the scrubbing.

With that realization, that changed my view of doing the laundry. It made me feel good doing the chore. Thinking that I'll be able to make my clothes clean again and making it as good as new, if not just as close. And doing it makes me feel happy because I did it on my own and no one helped me. It felt like an achievement, taking it from me who hates doing it.

On the other hand, I barely made a couple of hours sleep yesterday because my aunt and cousins visited our place. Also I started reading Sidney Sheldon's book, Tell Me Your Dreams the book is very enticing and I had a hard time taking it off my hands without finishing it. If not for the Benadryl last night I won't be able to get some sleep. So thank you for whoever it is that made Benadryl, you're an angel and I love you! :)

Before I forgot, I also did some nail art yesterday with my own nails. Of course Kristina where will you put your nail art? On your cheeks? Oh come on... Anyway here are the pics my brother took of my nails. :)




No comments: