Saturday, March 1, 2008

I Wish My Real Life Was Half As Interesting as the Life I Live in My Head

I’m sorry but I still have the jumper hang over. I know what you’re thinking! Yeah, I just watched it but who cares? Better late than later, err never, right? Anyway, I kinda like being a jumper, imagine you can be at any place that you like, be it in Angola or the Andromeda galaxy, in a blink of an eye, at any time of day! That would be super!

A jumper’s life is close to perfect for me, except for the part that they always break/ruin something around their jump site. I would want to jump as smooth as I can, maybe David was just inexperienced, what do you think? If that’s so, I’ll keep on practicing to have a very smooth landing.

So, I’m making a list on what my itinerary would be if I were a jumper. Note that this list is just about my average jumper day.

I’ll probably start my day with a breakfast in Switzerland particularly in Geneva where the finest chocolates and creamiest cheese can be found. After breakfast, I’ll check out the Prado in Madrid and Louvre in Paris to immerse myself with the most famous works of art in the world and of course I’ll also visit Guggenheim in Manhattan to have a dose of the finest works of art of my generation.

By noon, I’ll be in a quaint bistro in Milan and after my lunch I’ll ride a gondola in Venice. Because I can’t get enough of Italy, I’ll visit a chapel in Florence and maybe sightsee a little in Tuscany. Or maybe do a little dipping in the isle of Capri! That would be great!

My mind is already fixed that I’m going to have dinner with a special friend while watching the sunset in my favorite place on the planet, Santorini. But before I jump to Greece I won’t let a day pass without visiting Prague and Dubrovnik. These places (Santorini, Prague and Dubrovnik) are really the closest to my human heart (even if I’m a jumper).

After dinner, I’ll jump back to North America and go clubbin’ in LA and maybe hop from LA clubs to London, to Darling Harbor in Sydney! And to cap the night I’ll be back in my own little bedroom in the province. You might be asking why would I go back to my “little bedroom” when I have the whole world as my bedroom? For the simplest and cheesiest reason… there is never a place like home.

And during the days when I feel like splurging on a shopping spree? I’ll be in these places: The most high end shops in Milan and Paris, Saks and Barneys in NYC, Melrose in LA, Harrods in London, the biggest Zara store in Spain, flea markets in Hong Kong and Singapore and of course the place where I can find the cheapest stuff: DV (for Divisoria) and Greenhills in San Juan. Beat that man!

And since I live in the tropics, I can’t last a year without dipping on the beaches. So I won’t miss to visit the finest sandbars in the world, Boracay, Amanpulo, Phuket, Bora Bora, Seychelles and the Maldives

The sweet jumper's life! Oh snap! Things like these would never happen in real life. That's the reason they do this in movies, coz it can never happen in reality. I just wish my life is like a movie, and I were a jumper. I'm (almost) convinced that I'll never be one, but a girl like me can wish, right? Sigh.

I only wish my real life was half as interesting as the life I live in my head...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you got me jumpin' now and then as i was readin' your post,=)..

try to check wikipedia.. the movie was really different from the book,=)..

Kriann said...

I just checked it, and yeah it's really different but it doesn't matter to me, at all. All I want is to be a JUMPER! Hahaha