Saturday, March 22, 2008

Big Girls Still Cry

I was channel flicking early this evening, and it seemed like the universe conspired and all the channels that I was flicking through, there were always people leaving. First stop: on ABS-CBN "Anak" was on air and it was on the scene that the mother was leaving and her family are having teary goodbyes in the airport, then on ETC, the topic on Tyra's show is about leaving the comfort of your abode and lastly.. (i forgot the channel) they were showing Raise Your Voice and it was on the scene that Hilary is remembering her late brother's advice. Sad, so sad!

I've been suppressing this feeling for quite a while now, a month ago the scenario of my brother leaving for abroad is kinda far out, but now it's just around the corner. It's really official and he's leaving really, really soon. Say tomorrow! It'll be the first time after three years of living together that we'll be far away from each other. And I think the longest time that we were apart is about a couple of weeks, that's when he went to Phuket without me in tow but now he'll be gone for a couple of years! It's just sad to think about it, I'm so used to being with him.

It's only the two of us since I started working here in Manila, he's like my father, my brother and my friend in one. He's my instant movie and dinner date. He cooks our meal, cleans our place and sometimes he even does the laundry! Hey you might think that I'll only miss him because of those reasons... Partly, yeah, but there's more to it that my brother does for me. Like listening to everything that I say: when I talk about my greatest dreams, when I rant about my work, or even my comments on the TV shows or movies that I've watched and even the most nonsense things that comes to my head. He's just always there for me, always ready to be what I want or needed him to be.

I guess I'm being too emotional, I'm blaming it to PMS or maybe not. Then, I'll just blame it to global warming, I watched it on Zoey 101 that most people blame everything to global warming. I just wish my brother will have a great time there, and not worry about me here coz I know he worries a lot about me. I'll be fine here, I'm a big girl and besides I have another guardian on reserve, my cousin, Don.

Have a safe trip kuya! And I'll miss you a lot! In fact, I'm already missing you even you haven't left yet. And although I don't seem to show it but I'll be the number one person who'll be missing you the most.

Love you kuya! :)

No comments: