Sunday, July 13, 2008

Almost Adventure

It's such a long plane ride from Manila to Munich but I don't feel exhausted at all. The service, the food, the very comfy blanket are really superb as well as my flying companion! Oh the perks of flying first class with a close cousin. I'm here in our cozy hotel room with my cousin relaxing for a while before we explore the city and meet up with my other cousins who are based here in Germany. We'll have a dinner tonight with my cousin and her family in their place and maybe hit the hippest club after. We'll be staying here for about a week, we'll explore this city for a while then in August we'll be back but we'll be in Berlin. In a week we'll be strolling the streets of Prague and Vienna. I am so excited about this 2 month long trip! I know it'll be an awesome experience!

Earth to you Kristina! SIGH. Snap back to reality! I'm physically sitting at my post here at work, doing what else? WORK! Whatever happens to living like an European for a couple of months? Doing god knows what in god knows where? And maybe find some hot Euro guy along the way (or hookup with Prince William in London)? In short whatever happened to 'painting the continent scarlet red'? I DON'T KNOW.

I am supposed to be in Germany now! With my cousin. We were supposed to fly together last Friday and start with our 2-month long Euro tour. But because our company sold it's sister company including some of our IT staff I can't take a couple of months off as agreed before. I can't take my break because we are not even enough to cover a 24/7 shift so here I am! I don't know why I'm so good and so loyal that even when I had more than a couple of high paying job offers in other company I didn't accept it because I always said that it's not always about the money. It's about the people you work with, if you're comfortable working with them. And I already told myself that if ever I'll take another job I'll make sure it's not IT related. I want my next job to be the job that I really want. And I want my job to be screaming 'ME'! But now... I'm thinking about quitting and flying to Europe and follow my cousin. I just want to have some time away from work, away from everything. I'm missing the days when I was still in college, being carefree but not careless. And where else would I want to do that? In Europe! I'd rather decide fast before it's not yet too late.

I just hope that my delaying this trip is worth it. But maybe, just maybe.. god have some other (better) plan for me. I hope that plan involves winning the super lotto (though I've never placed any bet), being a rock star, a TV stint, or meeting a Prince (in the Philippines??? Dream on!)!

So much of this... I'm just rubbing it more. I'll just play Chocolatier now, making/eating chocolates can make me feel really better even it's just a game. I need to get my mind occupied till 12nn, because not only I'm working on a Saturday night but also I'll be working 12 hours! So, good luck to me.

No comments: