Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Jam Packed Weekend

As the title states I had a very jam packed weekend. So jam packed that I am so exhausted to write all the stuff that I/we did.

FRIDAY night I met up with my MIS buddies, and it's really historical because it's the first time that we had more than 5 people gathered. We planned to meet up at Cappriciosa in Greenbelt 3 at 7 for dinner. But Sheina and I agreed to meet up at 4:30 to catch a movie at G4. Unfortunately, she didn't make it on time for the movie so we just skipped that part. She came from a jamming in QC, and when she was on her way to Makati she was caught up in the heaviest traffic jam in EDSA.(She arrived at past 7)

While waiting for everyone to arrived I stayed seated on the benches near the cinema in G4 for a couple of hours (imagine me seated for 2 hours and all alone), then before 7 I went to Powerbooks in G3 to find some books and do a little reading. After reading about 2 chapters of Like Water for Chocolate, Kuya Red arrived and we went to Capricciosa to score us a table since it's a Friday night the place can get a little crowded.

When we got there we started updating each other with our lives and after a few moments Kitty arrived, then Sheina, then K'Anne (with the boyfs) and lastly Sir Wilson. We had a roller coaster ride of emotions that night, we were excited, happy, shocked, saddened but all in all it was all clean fun! We just love being with each other, and we can make any moment turn into a very unforgettable one.

After dinner we waited for Shein to get a ride home, then we were off to K'Anne's house in Malabon, but we dropped Sir Wil to his workplace before going to K'Anne's place. After dropping K'Anne home we decided to have a quick stop at Metrowalk since the night is still young (1AM). We went to Seafoofd Grill, and talked over a bucket of booze, sisig and baked oysters. I tell you their oysters are superb! At par with the ones from Mr. Rockefeller, Oyster Boy and Murray's in High Street. And after some drunken talking we decided to walk to 'wash down' the booze. We've gone to the Banchetto day on Emerald Ave, and tried hard not to get tempted with the food and tried not to smell like food! The air was filled with seafood aroma. Then we walked a bit further to find a drugstore but all we've passed by are already closed so we end up walking from Metrowalk to Crossing! We let Kitty get into her cab and then kuya Red and I stayed at a fast food and had our drunken sleepy conversation over a hot fudge sundae. Then at 4:30AM we then went our separate ways and headed home.

SATURDAY

I woke up past noon and (oh god) I missed the 12NN mass. My officemates and I had a SMS conference. We were finalizing our night out together. At first it was like stop and go but we settled at go. And so our Saturday night out was set. They were going to pick me up along EDSA near Poveda at past 8. But before I went to our meeting place I stop by the shrine and said my prayers. I also asked for forgiveness for missing mass, and for everything that I was about to do (e.g. getting drunk). Then we headed to West Ave. to spend a comedic night. It was really fun, the acts are really funny hilarious! And good thing that I capped off the night with only 3 bottles of Coors, some nachos and no drunk-related episodes for me and for anyone in the group. And take note I got home earlier, like two-ish early.

SUNDAY

The the most productive of all days. Though I woke up past noon again, I was able to squeeze some "laundry business", and tidied up my place a little. Then I got a text message from Kuya Red inviting me to watch a movie with his officemates. And so I did go, but we heard mass first. Unfortunately, I only understood a phrase or three because the presiding priest had this really heavy Asian accent. It was like Indonesian-Vietnamese-Thai with a provincial Filipino accent. That heavy man! So we had a hard time deciphering the words that he said.

At 5PM, we were still in EDSA shrine and we need to get to Mega (where kuya Red's friends are waiting) before the movie starts at 5:15. We were almost running just to get to the cab lane which is at the far end of Galleria. Luckily we got to the cinema at 5:10 but the line at the ticket counters are effing long, as well as the snacks section! Good thing we got to the cinema not long after the movie started. So it was still well and good for us, the running was worth it. (we watched Wanted, I know I'm late again, ok?).

After the movie we ate at Dencio's. THEN. I headed to work. Yes, I had a shift at work that night. And the most productive part is... I've acquired all the factories in Chocolatier 2! Huh! I'm very good at it! And not only that I also have more than $20 mil! I'm so rich! I spent 8 hours playing Chocolatier (shhh don't tell my boss). But there was nothing else to do that night... I made sure that I've finished all the reports that I need to do and I wasn't like not monitoring our dialers. In fact I did, and there was a supervisor who's really annoying he kept on calling for every 5 minutes. So annoying, specially when I'm playing Chocolatier! Hahaha.

Anyway, that's how my weekend was. My body was dead tired but my spirit is glowing. And I went to bed this morning with a huge smile on my face.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

kriann, how would you rate laura esquivel's like water for choco book?? i was supposed to buy it last week pero i put off the idea of doing so,decided to look f0r reviews first..just to check if il get my money's worth, ^_^..
and here you are, heheh..

Anonymous said...

waaah, kai here by the way.. apologies for that anonymous comment

Kriann said...

I'm reading it again, I've read it when I was a freshman in college because my roommate was an English major senior and she recommended the book. I can vaguely recall the story but my freshman self really liked/enjoyed it.

And now that I'm reading it again.. I'm loving it!:)

Anonymous said...

thanks! il take your word for it..^_^- kai