Thursday, August 7, 2008

Jeepney Ride


I've known that our country is undergoing a crisis but I never took it seriously not until yesterday morning when I was commuting my way home. I was waiting for a bus, since Wednesday is a no car/cab day for me. Unfortunately, buses are like cabs they're everywhere when you don't need them but if you do, they're nowhere to be found. After some time waiting, I decided to just take the jeepney since it's just a short commute. After all of us paid our share of fares there was this twenty-something lady asking the driver to give her her change which is Php1.50. The driver wasn't able to hear her because of the loud noise the engine of his jeepney was making. When the lady noticed that the driver wasn't listening to her she called out for her change again, and this time louder. But the driver seemed to not hear her at all. So the lady was like yelling and cursing the driver.


I can't explain what I trully felt that time. I felt sorry for the lady coz I think she really needs every cent she can lay her hands on, maybe her family is on a really tight budget. But I also felt bad for the driver because the lady was cursing him at the top of her lungs, and what if he simply just forgot or just didn't hear the lady?


I know nothing of the lady nor the driver's real side of the story. All I know is that we're all in a very uncovenient, tough, hard and whatever situation now. I really hope I can do something, anything just to be able to help.

No comments: