Thursday, November 10, 2011

One Wish


If you could have one wish what would you wish for? – This was the question my brother asked my aunt last night. I overheard their conversation and it got me thinking. It’s quite a tough question. You are about to make a life-changing decision so you have to be very careful in choosing your wish. You don’t want to wish for something that you will regret sooner or later. 

I keep asking myself this question since last night and I still haven’t gotten any answers. Well, I had a few wishes in mind but I haven’t really voted on my ultimate wish. You see, this is really important we should all start thinking about this now if you haven’t yet. You don’t really know when you’ll find a magic lamp and a genie pops up and asks you for a single wish. This isn’t Alladin, it’s real life, so you don’t get to have three, just one. Don’t be choosy.

I have already some ideas:
  1. My dream jobbut this could be a problem, I haven’t even figured out what I would really want to do for the rest of my life.
  2.  Overflowing/unlimited funds   I know money doesn’t make a person happy but I’ve known that shopping does. So this might be it?
  3. World peaceArghh, who am I kidding? He’s a genie, not god! For god’s sake!
  4.  A perfect husbandis there really one?
  5. Ability to teleportwhat would I do with my ability if I’m going to Paris or Fez broke or worst penniless?
  6. Be famousfamous for what? My singing and dancing abilities are just average. And I can never be an actress, I suck at acting! There was this one time in high school when all I had to do was walk in a play and I screw it up. Who screws up walking in a play? Apparently, me.
  7. Be a princessno, I’m too old for this stuff. I should’ve outgrown this dream a decade ago.

This is really hard, I don’t have the wisdom of the youngest Peverell brother. You get what I meant, right? No? Hello Harry Potter? The deathly hallows? No?

 Moving on… maybe I’ll just settle with my second choice. With unlimited funds, I don’t have to work a day in my life, and I can even help people all over the world.  And maybe I’ll eventually be famous or something, I can even be a real princess! With my unlimited funds I can buy an island somewhere and make it my princessdom(?). And I don’t have to teleport, I’ll have my very own jet and that will fly me to wherever. I know this won’t guarantee a perfect husband or world peace but at least I’ll get to make little changes in the world by helping those in need.

How about you? What would you wish for? (I’m still aware I don’t have readers on this blog, so maybe I’ll just wish for readers?)

No comments: