Friday, April 7, 2006

April Showers

My favorite months of the year are December, because of the obvious reason and April. April is one of my favorite months of the year not only because its my birth month but also lots of great things, experiences happened to me on this month. I can vividly recall the first time that i visited Manila, it was a week before my 6th birthday. My mom and dad brought us to this cosmopolitan to experienced urban living even just for a month. I can recall how happy and excited i was to see Manila. And how amazed i was to witness the style of living in a metro. And it was also that time that i got to visit my cousins living here.

During my childhood years, i always look forward to this month because its vacation time for students like me, which means i get to play more with my friends, watch TV more often, and spend vacation on different places. And when i was in a state university and away from home, i really adored summer coz its the time that i could get together with my family, get reunited with my high school buddies, and my cousins who happen to study in faraway places too. And i can remember how i anticipated for my 18th April in this world, i was anticipating coz it was my eighteenth birthday and I'm excited for some major changes in my life. I'm excited coz at that age i have the right to vote (yeah, that's first coz i really wanted that right for so long) and also that's the point where people will see or consider me as a grown up person and most of all that's the time when my curfew hour was extended (from 6 to 10, i was very contented with that curfew then, believe me), got my Student permit for driving, 'license to be in a relationship' (its ironic coz its been after a year after i got this 'license' that i did get to have a boyfriend! unlike when i still don't have the license, i got a boyfriend! its a paradox...) and i got my drinking license! Yippeee!(the yippee is not for the drinking license but for anything else.. :) oh, how can i forgot my 'fabulous' debut!(Note: adj. 'fabulous' is exaggerated) Honestly, my debut party was neither boring nor grand, just above average i think. :) But i still consider that as one of the happiest moment of my life.

My April firsts, achievements and experiences:
  • i first visited Manila summer of 1991,
  • i enrolled in a ballet class April of 1992,
  • i also got my BMX at the same time,
  • went to HK and Shenzen(April 1996)
  • i learned to drive a car (April 1999)
  • i first set foot in US (San Francisco and LA, April 2002)
  • i graduated from college (my graduation was April 7, 2005)

And finally, my very first long vacation since i started working will happen this month and I'm going to spend that in our province... 'am really excited to be going back home again. I missed the people and the place so much.... Yehey!

(Disclaimer: i ran out of time, i'm going to add my other April stories later today... ;))