Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me!


It's the 18th, I'm celebrating my 18th (oh i missed being a teenager..sigh), i mean 21st year here on earth. A year older(yeah right), wiser (of course i am!) and more mature (???). Hope so. I'm not in the mood to write anything now coz I can't think straight.. my thought always drifts to my coming trip tomorrow. Anyway, I'll try hard to write some thing here.. maybe i should just reminisce my past birthdays. Whew! I hope I'll be able to post something good. (I'll keep my fingers crossed...)
  • 1st Birthday - Does anyone have any memory of their first birthday? I can't recall what happened on that day of my life. I only saw the pictures but i didn't really understand what happened. :)
  • 2nd, 3rd, 4th Birthdays - Still can't recall...
  • 5th Birthday - I know a party existed that time and there were lots of food and balloons and all my playmates and pre-school classmates were there.
  • 6th Birthday - Yehey! Of course i can vividly picture what happened that day! I spent my birthday in Star City! That birthday was kinda special to me because my parents gift was the trip to Manila and it was my very first trip in this place.
  • 7th Birthday - i had an 'ala debut' party, i wore a gown and my little girl friends and classmates were also wearing gowns and the little guys were wearing tux' , and polos. And i also got a BMX for my birthday from daddy (my grandfather).
  • 8th Birthday - Another trip to Manila.
  • 9th Birthday - Indian inspired children's party, there were teepees and i gave out indian head dresses to my friends.
  • 10th Birthday - A trip to Ozamiz City with my mommy (my grandmother) and my cousins.
  • 11th Birthday - a simple barbecue party with my friends
  • 12th Birthday - It was a double celebration coz i also graduated from elementary that year!
  • 13th Birthday - I think we just had a family dinner... i'm not really sure.
  • 14th Birthday - can't remember again...
  • 15th Birthday - a trip to Iloilo with my brother and cousins.
  • 16th Birthday - it was university enrollment. i celebrated my birthday before the 18th. It was also a double celebration graduation and birthday party in one! (We had punch that time!)
  • 17th Birthday - it was very plain... i enrolled in a summer class. just had lunch with my best buddies
  • 18th Birthday - I had a neither grand nor boring/simple party but it was really unforgettable! I had the traditional cotillion.
  • 19th Birthday - dinner with the family.
  • 20th Birthday - another double celebration, i graduated from college. We went swimming at the beach. and we had a drinking spree.... booze...
  • 21st Birthday - spent here in the office... work, work, work! But the day isn't over yet, in fact it just started so i still don't know what would happen, i still don't know what awaits me today. i love surprises! But the best give i had is the gift i gave myself, a trip back home tomorrow!!!!! Yippeee!

I didn't think that remembering what happened to my past birthdays was this hard... I should have kept a journal or just a list of things that happened on each birthday... No time for regrets... nice try though! Maybe I'll start making a birthday journal from now on so that I'll be able to write everything when i make this kind of list again on my 30th birthday... sure it would be a longer list... :)

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

1 comment:

Jerryl Armentia said...

birthday mo pala nde ko alam...
anyway ... hapi bday!!! ...more blogs to write...