Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Heroes and Thieves

Since I first saw the billboard of Vanessa Carlton along C5 having mall shows at the Ayala malls, I've been listening to her songs from her latest album Heroes and Thieves (2007) every chance I had. At home, at work, while commuting to and from work and I even play it to sleep. I like her album, and I mean the entire album! I love the tracks. And it made me wished I've written some of the songs from that album. I don't know but I think Vanessa Carlton and I are the same person, OR MAYBE she's just like anyone of us who'd loved, been hurt and moved on with life. (I'll try to believe more on the latter reason) It's so hard to choose a favorite from that album because every song is different from the other (in a good way). And the rhythm? I looooveeeeet! Keyboard + string instruments = L♥O♥V♥E (for me)! You all know I'm a sucker of songs with keyboards on the background.. Boston (Augustana), Come On (Ben Jelen), Thousand Miles and the entire Heroes and Thieves album.

Thank you Vanessa for your wonderful record album! For sure, I'll be at one of your mall tours here in our country. I know you might be wondering why I'm into Vanessa Carlton, when I'm not into Pop music. It's just that she's a real artist with real talents, unlike the other so called 'artists'.

No comments: