Thursday, May 26, 2011

It's Kind of a Funny/Stupid Story

I went out of the office this morning to grab some breakfast, I got myself a cream cheese bagel and a strawberry and kiwi tea. I don't know what got into me but I just spaced out while the guy was preparing my bagel. Staring at nothing. And then I noticed the guy behind the counter telling me something, I didn't really get what he was saying but I think he was trying to do some up-selling, wanting me to buy an egg pie. Since I already had my bagel I simply declined by shaking my head. And he had this confused look! That's when I realized that I was being stupid and he wasn't asking me to buy some stupid egg pies! He was telling me that my bill was eight-five! To save myself from more humiliation I told him to wait for I am still thinking of getting something else. So I ended up buying a chocolate muffin. Hahaha! Next time I need to focus when getting breakfast so I won't end up buying some more.

PS This isn't the first time that something like this happened. It already happened before, I was at the counter paying for the stuff I bought from ZARA and then I spaced out again and the lady on the counter asked me if I bought 5 items and I just nodded when in fact I only got three items: 2 tops and a pair of jeans. So I ended up paying for 2 more tops (which I didn't choose by the way, good thing they're my size).

No comments: