Monday, May 1, 2006

Eleven Days for 'Eleven Minutes'

Last April 18, that day happened to be my birthday, i went shopping for some stuff for myself and for my relatives coz the following day was my trip to the province. After shopping, i decided to buy the 11 minutes book by Paulo Coelho. I went to FIVE bookstores, unfortunately i found no trace of that book. After 'bookstore hopping', i never felt that exhausted and down coz i was really dying to have that book. I even cried a bucket of tears! I already read the first few chapters of that book and i quickly became obsess to that book. I don't know what's with Paulo (except for the obvious that he writes well) that he continues to hypnotize me with his works. One thing i love about eleven minutes is the plot itself and the character of Maria, on how she deals with life, love and intimacy. I already read some of Paulo's works but i still can't get enough of him, I'm still dying to have eleven minutes even after eleven days of searching. Eleven days didn't stop me, it makes me want that book more and more each day. I'm still hoping that it will land to my hands one of these days... I can wait for even eleven years for that book, I know it'll be worth the wait. But I'm also praying that it won't take that long.

Runway Traffic
April 19 was our flight to Cagayan de Oro, we left for the airport early and i was glad because our flight call was on time but what pissed me off was the take-off, it took us 45 minutes before we were able to fly because there was a runway traffic due to the same flight schedule with other airlines so we need to wait for the plane who gets to the runway line first to take-off before we could. Thanks to that runway traffic we were 45 minutes late, and we were late for the 12 o'clock trip to Zamboanga. Grrrrr.

Crying Scene
When we arrived at our grandfather's house, my daddy (grandfather) was crying coz he didn't know that were coming home because we wanted to surprise him, and truly he was surprised and he was more than teary eyed, he was really crying. He was shedding tears of joy because of our arrival.

Same Old Questions
Sigh. The same old questions were raised again... The questions that never fails to spoil my day:
* 'Do you have a boyfriend?' - Why do they want to know? Will they let me have one?
* 'Are you enjoying your stay in Manila?' - Of course, i do!
* 'When are you getting married?' - How will I? are there husbands for sale???? Tell me where i'll be able to find them if you have any idea... Hehehe On second thought nah just don't bother... I'm still enjoying the kind of life i'm living.... I'm not in a hurry.. I can wait for 11 years! Hahahaha I would be 32 then! Not bad? Not! Bad! :P

No comments: