Thursday, August 16, 2007

Memoirs of Harry Potter

I was sleepless for a couple of nights last week, I just had to read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows, I haven't really read all the books of the series, maybe just half of it but the last book I really felt that I have to read it so I'll know how's it going to end. And so I did, I read the entire book for almost 48 hours. I had to take a nap every little while though to rest my mind and to digest everything that I've read. The last installment is ok but not really ok ok. You know what I mean. I like that J.K. Rowling brought back almost all the characters we've 'met' before but there are just some things that I've wished she made clear what really happened to them. Like Luna and Neville I would love to know what happened to them after the 'Battle in Hogwartz', what became of the Dursley's, though they weren't kind to Harry I still want to know what happened to them. And the one that I'm dying to know (ok, it's exag I'm not really dying to know) if who became the headmaster of Hogwartz. Maybe Professor McGonagall? What do you think? Anyway, maybe someday I could ask J.K. Rowling someday, somehow.

I've also read Memoirs of a Geisha, yeah I'm really late... I know this book is kinda a long time ago and the movie is so last year.... I enjoyed reading it. And the book really helped me to understand what a geisha is, and I was really wrong in what I thought of those women. I had a very wrong notion about them.. I thought they were like courtesans, but they're absolutely not. I love all the kimonos that the geisha's wore. It's so great. But I never thought that wearing a kimono will be that hard, and as well as wearing their shoes/slippers. It takes a lot of hard work to be a geisha. I just wish I could meet a geisha and tell her how much I adore her courage. It's so hard picturing them, how much more living their lives.

I think I have read enough books for this week and have enough blogging for today. I need to work now.

No comments: