Saturday, August 11, 2007

Fanatic!

I know I just posted an entry yesterday but I just feel like posting again. Who cares?! :p

Anyway, after a month and a half of watching the morning show Umagang Kay Ganda I felt that I really need to blab about it. I find the show very entertaining, educational and informative. I like all the hosts, they have different personalities but that's what makes their show great. I just can't get enough of the Edu and Pinky and Kim and Bernadette tandems, bubbly Rica and Donita and of course Donita's bloopers (e.g. espapel) and many more... I can go on all night!

What I like about the show is how Pinky Webb surprises the viewers each day, she can deliver hardcore news but she can also be quirky and funny! I love the episodes where there was a showdown between the UKG girls and the 26K, the three UKG girls can have a career as banker's 26K, really! And when they have this "tournaments" the dance mania, wii.. etc. And just yesterday morning I was really enjoying the moment when Pinky and Edu danced the latter's 'signature' dance! (Picture Pinky Webb dancing!) They look so cute! Pinky Webb is just so versatile.

Yeah, I know it's now obvious that I really like her. In fact she's kinda my idol, I really liked the way she projects herself on TV and the way she delivers the news. For me she's an epitome of beauty and brains. I liked her even years before. When I was about to start in college I even considered taking up Broadcast Journalism but my dad didn't allow me thinking that it's some kind of a 'dangerous' job. So, heeding his advice I took up Business Economics but later on shifted to I.T.. But even I'm an IT graduate and works in an IT company I still think I can work with the media because it's one of my two passions: fashion and media. I just have known also that Pinky's course wasn't really broadcasting she just took broadcasting short courses, if I'm not mistaken she has a business management degree. And it's really my dream to work with the media, even behind the camera. I would pay anything just to land on a job like that. Just like I would pay anything for me to have a break in the fashion industry. (dreamy mode... haaaayyy)

Ok, I watch that show not only because Pinky Webb's there but I love the show as a whole. Call me a pathetic fanatic but you know what, I even changed my RDs from Friday and Saturday to Monday and Tuesday so that I'll be able to watch the show from start to end. And since I'm on a night shift I can still get to watch the later part of the show, if and when I take the cab from work. I get out from work at 7AM. Since the show premiered, I always take a cab from work so that I'll be able to get home at half past 7 and be able to watch the show for about an hour before it ends.

I talked to my brother about accompanying me to watch the show since he has a friend who works there, but he didn't say yes yet. I just wish he'll accompany me, I'd do anything for him just to watch that show live.

Disclaimer: I was never a fanatic of a local show, not until UKG aired. I admit I am a Heroes, The Hills, The OC and of course Charmed's biggest fanatic. Charmed's my very first! I even dream of being friends with Prue, Piper and Phoebe. I know I'm hopeless and I should get a life. That's how a pathetic fanatic I am. So just bear with it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watch their show too. And you know naman that we both love Pinky Webb! Di ako palaging nakakapanood kasi nasa school ako minsan or at work pag airtime na nila dito.

Kriann said...

Yeah, we both love her! Actually, nahawa lang naman ako sayo eh. Kaw yung real Pinky fanatic! Sana nga makita ko sya in person talagang di ako mahihiya to ask her kung pwede magpapicture! Hahaha

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Oo naman.. admitted ako dyan!