Saturday, August 25, 2007

A Day in the Life of a Fanatic

I had a blast this Wednesday! Guess who I've met personally? It's Pinky Webb man! She's super nice, prettier and more gorgeous in person. Uh, ok, let's get back, so I can tell you how I finally met her. Tuesday afternoon, I was really decided to go to UKG's set and watch Pinky Webb live! I talked, forced and bribed (I treated him to lunch at Tender Bob's) my brother to come with me, luckily after quite a long talk and a plateful of steak and yummy dessert he gave in. So the date was set, early morning (should I say dawn) of August 22. I barely slept that night, I was giddy and űber excited to see Pinky in person. I woke up pretty much earlier than my brother, after I took a bath I tried to wake him up but he just stirred. I did wake him up for several times but he didn't get up. So after I was done dressing up, I tried waking him up again but this time with greater force and some kadramahan, with this line in chavacano "durmi ya lang alli, iyo ya lang solo anda." (“Carry on with your sleeping, I’ll just go alone”) And voila with that line he woke up! I wasn't really sure if he did wake up because he was concerned about me going there alone or just too irritated or too annoyed to argue with me, but either way I don't really care as long as he gets up and come with me.

When we arrived at the ELJ building I offered to buy myself and my brother a cup of coffee from Starbucks, as my consolation for him, for waking up early and for putting up with my fanaticism, if you may call it that way. After buying our coffee, we searched the building as to where the UKG studio is, we both have no idea where would that be. So for us not to be late, I braved myself and was able to ask the guard on duty. Thank heavens and we were already at the audience entrance of the studio. But there's still a hitch, we don't know if we're allowed to get in. Luckily, there were a group of PATTS students who have arrived so we asked the guard to let us in, he was kinda hesitant at first but I think when he saw me puppy-faced he let us in saying "mukha naman kayong studyante, sige pasok nalang kayo". Upon hearing that I could have kissed the guard but I had no time to waste, the clock was ticking and the show was about to start, so we just went in with the crowd. And you think all the hitches were finally over... wait there's more! When we got in, we were told that we were no longer allowed to get in to the main studio because the show was about to start and the studio was already packed with PATTS students. I was nearly hopeless when a light bulb lighted on my head(not literally of course)! I dragged my brother with me and asked the staff there as to where the toilet is. He told me that I just head to the main studio and turn right. We did head to the main studio but of course we didn't turn right! What am I going to do inside the toilet? Can I watch the show up close from there? I don't even feel like peeing that time, neither my brother. So we sneaked in and joined the crowd of students inside. We were asked by another staff again, he asked if we were also students and of course we said "yes" and went straight to find good seats! Good thing we found some seats at the side and we were able to watch the entire show!

During a commercial break, my brother noticed Pinky Webb passed by our seats. She was there for about a minute, but all I managed to say was a "haaaaayyyy", I don't know if that was a "hi" or me sighing or I was simply starstruck. And I tell you, I wasn't able to move from where I was seated. When Pinky left, I felt I made the moment passed! After the show, I was surprised because my brother asked Pinky if he could take a picture of her with me of course. She gladly said yes, I was again giddy that time at the same time super tensed! It's like landing on the moon for the very first time! (I know super jologs na ako! Nawala lahat ng poise ko at composure when I went up to her. But that's the real me.) My brother started talking to her of how a fanatic I am, and all she was able to say was "addict?" I was really overjoyed with that comment, I dunno why. Then I wasn't able to control myself and started blabbing too about how I really like her. She smiled and said something that I didn't quite understand, it's not as if she didn't speak it in Tagalog but I was just too starstruck to comprehend what she was saying to me. I took a lot of pictures of her! (kahit yung mga kasama nya dun ay 'di ko kilala)

Pinky Webb and moi! :p

After that my brother and I went home with a smile plastered on our faces. He was happy because I won't be bothering him... for now. And of course I was happy because I finally met Pinky Webb.

(I know you think this blog is slowly morphing to a Pinky Webb blog.... but I tell you... it isn't! I would still be writing anything that I would feel like writing about. Pinky Webb related or not.)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

at magpanggap daw ba tlga na studyante??ahem ahem.. haha :p

ang swerti nmn! kainggit.. kelan kaya darating yung ganyan skn.. hayst... *dreaming*

Kriann said...

Desperate move ko na talaga yung pagpapanggap! Hahahaha! Ang saya talaga ng experience na yun!

Yaan mo kitty, pagnakita ko si chris, hihilahin ko sya at kakaladkarin ko sya sa doorstep ng bahay n'yo! :))

Anonymous said...

hehehehe :p isang malaking ASA ako heehee ;))

Kriann said...

ok lang naman umasa ah! :) dapat maging "asa-full" tayo parati!

Anonymous said...

WOW! May picture na agad! So soon! Tin call me ASAP, and tell me every detail of your "encounter"! Hahaha

Mood: green-eye monster (jealous)

Anonymous said...

Pinky Webb is really pretty! I was googling her name and it led me to your blog. Nice blog! I'll be visiting your blog from now on.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the call. Di ka rin naman masyadong addict sa pagkuha ng pics huh! Pati si kuya sumali pa! Hahaha

Kriann said...

Hi Jenna! Thanks for dropping by.

Trish you're welcome! Basta ikaw anytime kaya ko magyabang sayo! Hahaha! Hey, don't forget to get me my form, k?

Anonymous said...

Hey, I don't know her but she's beautiful though, and quite tall too! But basing on your posts, Krissie you're really a fanatic! And I like your guts!LOL

P.S. you have another blog reader too! James does read your blog every now and then. He wants to keep updated with your life there. :)

Kriann said...

Oh really he reads my blog too? Hahaha that's new! Thanks missy! And James.. though I'm not convinced that you read my blog... thank you! :p