Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Dubrovnik, Croatia

I've watched the live telecast of the Amazing Race last Monday, and they were in Croatia. I don't know but I have this penchant for old cities and I fell in love with the city of Dubrovnik right there and then.

I love the city's architecture, it's like Santorini but different. They have the same oldish look but most of Santorini's architecture is in white but in Dubrovnik it's off-white and the roofs of their houses are in red brick tiles. The city seems so medieval for me.

Dubrovnik, Croatia

"The 'Pearl of the Adriatic', situated on the Dalmatian coast, became an important Mediterranean sea power from the 13th century onwards. Although severely damaged by an earthquake in 1667, Dubrovnik managed to preserve its beautiful Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque churches, monasteries, palaces and fountains. Damaged again in the 1990s by armed conflict, it is now the focus of a major restoration programme co-ordinated by UNESCO." -- Yahoo! Travel

Dubrovnik will be one of my future destinations. Hopefully I can get to visit the city next year. I really need to save up for my travel sprees, if not there'll be a bigger chance that I'll pass on school again so I could fund my travel. And I really need to cut on my shopping too!

If I'll get to visit Dubrovnik, I won't miss Zagreb for the world. I heard it's a city rich of history and culture. I just love immersing myself in different places and cultures. Trust me, it's a different yet fulfilling experience.

If you want to learn more about Dubrovnik just click on the "Places I would love to visit" on the right side of this page.

Ciao.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting choice, you have great choices in your travel destinations:)

Kriann said...

I don't want to go to places where people usually go. Some known "best places" on earth are kinda overrated for me. I would rather go to a place that's less known. Less known places = less tourists = less expenses. :)

the assassin within said...

yeah! same here! I love mediterranean architecture...