Friday, June 24, 2011

Got Carrie-d Away Again


I've been writing a lot these days, but not here on my blog. I've been doing a lot of freelance writing. Unfortunately, my first writing gig was a disaster! They asked me to write 15 articles about this diet program and compare it with the other one and write about 10 title variations for each of the 15 articles. Normally, I don't have a problem writing about a certain topic but if you were asked to write fifteen, 1-5 articles, and about dieting?! You'll probably reach your limit and drain your brain. Not only that, after writing the articles they didn't pay me a single cent! What a sham! Good thing I found a different provider that pays well and their projects are really interesting and they only asked me to write an article for a certain topic. And I'm never been happier with all the topics he/she gave me. I still haven't figured out what's his/her gender is, and I am too embarrassed to ask.

I love doing freelance writing as it hones my writing skills, and as you all know I've been aspiring on becoming a writer. Watch out world Carrie Bradshaw in the making here! Ha!

Speaking of Carrie Bradshaw, I spent the weekend reading the Carrie Diaries and wishing that if they turned the books into movies the producer will specifically ask for me to play the young Carrie Bradshaw. I just haven't figured out how are they going to know about me. If you have any idea, anything... please let me know. I seriously need them to know about me so that my dream of becoming the young Carrie Bradshaw will not just be a dream. I am dead serious.

I also watched the premiere of Drop Dead Diva season 3, and again made me wish I'm part of that show too! I could be one of the lawyers of Harrison Parker law firm. I'll be a great and very fashionable lawyer, I'll probably topple Jane Bingum over! But I know that thought is so far out, so I'm just secretly wishing I were Kim Kasswell. I don't know but I have a soft spot for uptight, hard-hitting, alpha females. Ironic. I know. That's me.

Anyway, I have to end this entry as I don't have any idea where and when this might end.


No comments: