Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Last Friday Night



I heard this song a few months back but it didn't strike me. Recently, I saw the music video of the song and I don't know why but the song is etched on my brain and I know for sure that it'll be there for quite some time.

This song got me thinking, not really the reflective kind of thinking as this song does not really scream reflection, if you already heard the song you know what I mean. What if I wake up on a Saturday morning and I got no recollection of whatever happened the night before? I will be damned! And the only thing that will somehow jog my memory are the pictures from the night before that somehow made their way to Facebook, twitter or wherever. And my family have those apps on their smartphones. Just like what Katy Perry said on the song "I'm screwed".

I'm sure as hell that my phone will be bombarded with text messages and missed calls from my family and I am pretty sure my mom will take the earliest flight out of our province to the metro and knock some sense to my pounding head.

It's not that I dreamed of getting really drunk. But I admit sometimes I wanted to push my alcohol limit so that I would know how would I be when I get soooo drunk. But often times I end up getting cold feet because the still sane and sober part of me rules my almost drunk brain. And I remember this one time that I pushed my limit, the day after I spent it on bed, with my pounding brain, stomach flu and the daylight was piercing my eyes. After that day I swore that I'm never drinking again. But hey, I'm not the one that keeps her new years resolution and you know what that means.

What's your Friday night story?

No comments: