Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Long and Senseless Post

Do you ever wonder what if you were a teenager and you know the things that you know now? Do I make sense to you? No? Let me just make this clear.. What if you had the chance to write your adolescent self a letter? What kind of advice are you going to tell him/her? If I could do that I think I'm going to give my 16-year old self a lot of talking to!


Dear 16-year old me,

You might be wondering who I am and why I am writing you. If I told you that I am the future you, will you freak out? Or you just might think that you are getting punked? I know you are so hard to convince so just choose whatever you want to believe. But I'm telling you again one last time I AM THE FUTURE YOU AND YOU ARE THE PAST ME, GET IT?

Anyway, let's get back to the real reason why I'm writing you, I wanted to give you some valuable advice. And please, please do everything I say. It'll help you A LOT and will make your life a lot less miserable, not that I am in a miserable place now.

  1. Never ever forget to bring your credentials during your university enrollment if you don't want to hear your mom rapping the whole time. Trust me it's not a good thing. Never will be.
  2. Don't let the university dictate you on what course you should take, don't take Business Economics, you won't learn a thing and you'll eventually shift to another course. Take Gen Ed instead better yet take Communication Arts you are so gonna love it.
  3. Avoid a guy named Charles that you'll meet through a block mate, he's bad news for you. What the heck, go ahead... don't listen to me.. he'll be the greatest thing that will ever happen to you (that's what you'll think. But thinking about it now, not really. What was I thinking?)
  4. For god sake learn how to swim! You are the only person now that doesn't know how to swim.
  5. Start learning to eat veggies, you are so gonna love them that you'll be thinking on becoming a vegetarian, but you will fail. :-)
  6. If you think you are having too much fun in college, don't worry about it you'll still graduate on time.
Well, I guess I've said everything I need to tell you... I'm not really sure if this is all it. But don't worry you'll get out alive and you'll get the first job that you'll apply for so I guess you'll be fine.

PS please stop wearing those baggy jeans... I hate to say this but THEY DON'T LOOK GOOD ON YOU! I don't care if their the biggest trend, you look like a string bean wearing a sack!

Love,

26-year old you.



No comments: