Friday, January 2, 2015

What are you Most Grateful for?

I am grateful for a lot of things. I've recently re-joined a community that I was part of for most of my teenage life. And I have realized a lot of things, and one of those is that I am truly blessed. My existence alone is something to be grateful for, I am nearing my thirtieth year on earth and that should mean something. I've come to terms that it is a reason enough to be blessed as not everyone gets the chance to live this long. 

Aside from my mere existence, I am also grateful for my family and friends for without them I don't know where will I be. They've stuck with me through all the things I've been through. It's normal for family to stick with you because we're kind of built that way, but friends are different. They have a choice, a way out. But my friends stuck with me through thick and thin. They stuck with me even when I am not the cheeriest person to talk to, when I'm being the whiniest toddler in town. I am just so glad to have people like them in my life. They allow me to feel things, but after some time when they think it's right, they pull me out of it and knock some sense into my clouded mind. 

There are so many things in my "grateful" list but these are the top two (or three counting family and friends separately) on my list. And I know that this list will grow each day when I wade into the wonderful unknown that is 2015.

No comments: