Sunday, January 8, 2006

Manila to Zamboanga to Manila...

Last Thursday i decided to spend the night in my papa's house in Fairview, when i got there my papa told me that my daddy(my maternal grandfather) sent us(me and my brother) a plane ticket for Zamboanga in time for his birthday. When my papa handed me the ticket, i was kinda hesitant. Its not that i don't want to go home, but its because i don't have enough time. I have band practise come Saturday and work on Sunday. I called my daddy 'bout my dilemma and he told me that he would be happier if i could go home even just for his birthday. So, i have decided to just go home with my brother. We took the first flight to Zamboanga last Friday, we arrived there at 6:30AM. We went straight to our grandparents house, and we also met our mom, aunts and cousins there. We had breakfast together then i excused myself to get some rest coz i slept at around 3AM that morning, and woke up 30 minutes after so we won't be late for our flight. I went to our house and i noticed that there are so many changes, its totally different! So different that i began to think if i were in the right house. I stopped doubting when i saw my nana(my nanny since birth) in the kitchen. She told me that they'd already prepared mine and kuya's room, so i went upstairs directly to my room. Its so ironic coz when i entered my room i saw that no thing's changed, it was just like the way i left it (minus the clutter of course). Nana saw the expression on my face and she told me that mama didn't alter anything in our rooms coz she wants it the way we "arranged" and left it. And i was like "Ah,ok",then nana left me so i could get some sleep.

i woke up at around 11AM, i took a shower then went to my grandparents house to have lunch coz everyone was there busy preparing for daddy's birthday.

After lunch, we spent the whole afternoon 'updating' each family member with our lives. I was like on a 'hotseat' that afternoon. They were asking me sooooo many questions like: "Do you have a boyfriend?","How is it working in Manila?", "Are you enjoying your independence?" and many more! So many that i can't remember them all. Oh my...! Why do they need to know if i have a boyfriend? And why should they ask how's it working in Manila when they had experienced it when they were still young? And 'am i enjoying my independence?' of course i do! If i didn't i should have went back home a long time ago. I'm loving my life here! Away from they're prying eyes...(i'm not bitter, i'm just enjoying my independence!)
When sunset came, visitors were flooding to my daddy's house.... senior citizens(my daddy's 'kaberks'), teenagers (my cousins' friends)... and many more. T'was like 'fiesta' that night! There's music... and lights and lamps everywhere! There were also lots of food(delicious food) on the tables.

After dinner, daddy gave a speech that broke me to tears. He said that he's thankful coz he reached his age (he's already 83), he's able to see his grandchildren and great grandchildren. he's thankful for his family and friends and for 'daddy's li'l girl',Ann (ehem,that's me) for being there on his birthday,even i have this 'hectic' schedule. He also said that his birthday won't be happier if i wasn't there(favoritism?), and that he misses 'daddy's girl' so much. When i heard those, i ran to him and hugged him. Damn! Though I'm enjoying my totally different life here in Manila, i realized that I'm still missing something, i missed my family so much! I missed my daddy, my daddy who stood as my father when papa and mama separated. My daddy, who gave me everything that i need. My daddy who's always there for me. Ahh, so much of the cheesy stuff Kristina! Anyway, though there was a 'drama' part, i did enjoy the night! I missed partying the old way! I missed my family and my hometown.

Saturday morning, i woke up at 8:00AM, checked my mails then i got myself ready for my flight back to Manila. At 1 o'clock i left Zamboanga, while i was still on the plane, i can't help but cry, i miss my family so much. To divert my attention, i kept myself busy by reading the magazine that i brought with me from Manila. Then i didn't notice that I'm already in Manila.

From the airport i hailed a cab to Taft (MRT)Stn.,then from there i took the MRT to Quezon Ave., when i got there our house help was already there waiting for me. I gave her some of my things then took the train again to Ayala for our band practice. While on the train i saw a familiar face standing in front of me, t'was G-Boy, my band mate! He was also on the way to our band practice. Good thing i have somebody to talk to on the way to Perfect Pitch.

When we got to the venue, our band mates were already there. Then we started our practise. The practise went well. After our practise we had a great dinner at NorthPark with the band. Then we called it a night. G-Boy and i took a bus from Ayala to Quezon Ave., unfortunately we weren't able to notice that the bus we took was Quezon Ave. ibabaw, so we had no choice but to get off at SM North then from there we took a jeep to PANTRANCO. When we reached PANTRANCO we waited for a cab that will take me home. Luckily, i easily got a cab. I bade my goodbye to G-Boy then I'm off home! I got home at around 12:00AM.
Whew, what an itinerary! Its tiring, but its worth it!

No comments: