Saturday, February 25, 2006

Nature Tripping

Yesterday was my only rest day coz i already used my other rest day last week. When I woke up my sister asked me if I can come with them to La Mesa Eco Park, I was kinda hesitant coz I'm not used to going out with them without my brother in tow. But since my brother told me that I should also go out with them once in a while so I submitted to my sister's request. And so I went with my father, my step mom, and my 'half' siblings.

When we reached East Fairview Subdivision the way to the eco park, I had fun reading the names of the streets (cigarette brands). We passed by Winston, the main street, then turned right at Marlboro, then we went in to the La Mesa Compound. When I first saw the dam, it doesn't seemed like a dam to me but an ocean... its so wide.. and also deep, its water elevation is 79.90ft. Then we went to eco park, when you're inside the park you would feel like you're in the province coz the ambiance is soooo 'province-like', you'll see tall trees around you... fallen leaves... you'll see butterflies and birds. There's a swimming pool inside the park, there's also a function hall under the Ipil trees, a swamp where everyone can go fishing, a camp site for everyone, souvenir shops and picnic huts. The entrance fee of the park is only Php40.

We searched for the boating lagoon, we asked the staff there and were led to another site. We walked for a while then we reached the SuperFerry boating lagoon, its a tie up project of ABS-CBN and Aboitiz i think. The fee of the boat ride is Php100, you only pay for the boat rent and there are only 4 persons per boat but since my brother is only 1 year old we were permitted to ride in one boat even there are five of us. My dad was the rower of our boat. My sister and step mom were nervous coz they both don't know how to swim, but after a few minutes their nervous went off and they learned to enjoy the ride. There were also a group of little kids having their field trip who were enjoying the boat ride.

After about 20 minutes we went off the boat then walked towards the parking area. While were walking i noticed that the houses there are almost the same with one another. They have this 'country style' houses and the paint of the houses are alike too! Some of the houses there are selling food for the tourists and also love birds, my little brother really enjoyed watching the birds and chasing little butterflies. We all had fun, after that we went to SM Fairview to buy our groceries.

2 comments:

Jerryl Armentia said...

bakit nga be la mesa??? madami ba mesa dun?

Kriann said...

konti lnga lang la mesa dun! ewan ko nga kung bakit yun ang pangalan eh! tanong ko next time dun!!!!