Saturday, July 16, 2011

Que Pasa?


What do you wear when you’re meeting your dad for the first time after a very long time? Don’t ask me how long, I can’t tell you, I lost track a long time ago. Anyway, he called my brother yesterday and asked us to join his family for a Sunday luncheon to celebrate my half-brother’s 7th birthday. Just like that, as if nothing happened, as if we never lost communication. I have lots of questions in my mind right now like “why now?” ”Why didn’t he call me instead?” But I reflected on those and I’m just thankful that we decided to put our differences aside and we'll just sit together for a meal as a family. I hope it goes well, I really hope so. I may not have hinted this before to anyone but I’m really looking forward to the day that we’ll be seeing each other again. Where everything’s well and we’ll just talk about anything but the fallout. I’m not the type of person that dwells on the dark parts of my life, as much as possible I try to get over it and just move on. I’m a firm believer of the phrase “everything happens for a reason”.

I haven’t seen him in a very long time and I don’t know what would I feel or how would I react when I see him again. Cry? Smile? Laugh? If I’ll have any control of my emotions, I would like it to be a mixed of the three, shedding some tears of joy I suppose. I will never cry, it’ll totally look like a full on chick flick. If I’ll laugh, I’d look like a crazy person. Maybe I’ll just smile, play cool. Whatever! Come what may.



I don’t know what got into me but I really want to dress up. I know you’ll all say that my outfit should be the least of my concern, there are other important things I should concern myself about, like how will I do my untamed hair, or should I wear lipgloss or lipstick. Am I right? No? Really, those are not important stuff? How come? Anyway back to me wanting to dress up. Maybe it’s a daughter’s instinct, maybe I want to show him how I’ve grown up and changed since the last time we saw each other, or maybe I just want his approval. Just maybe. But I already kind of have an idea why I want to dress up. I want to divert my attention, I don’t want to think about the meeting itself because I’m afraid I’d jinxed it and screw up.

Seriously, what do you wear on that kind of day? I really need your help. This is so much worse than meeting a guy you’re dating’s family. Is it?

No comments: