Tuesday, July 4, 2006

3 Things to be Happy About

Yesterday I was thinking of writing my musings, I read a blog and the title says 'come rant with me', so I thought of making my own version but now, just now I don't feel like whining anymore. I am so happy! There are so many things that I should be thankful and should be happy about. And I really like to brag it here. :)

First and foremost our white pages days are over! My office buddies really know what I'm talking about and we feel the same way about it, but for those who don't Aussie white pages extraction is what my team is doing since the last week of May, I think. And the process is really ughhhh! We manually extract the entries from the CD because it's an encrypted .dat file and there's no other way to extract it but manually. And can you imagine how many people are there in Australia? Oh my! It's really hard, and we were supposed to extract all those 7 million entries in the CD, but our extraction rate is only averaging 15K per week, so can you imagine that? We were told to stop, by our head coz it'll be impossible for us to extract all those basing on the rate that we had it'll take us more than 8 years to complete the extraction! :( Huh! Good thing our white pages days are over. Yippee!

Another thing to be happy is that I've found an alternative to Yahoo's launch cast, because in our workplace almost all great sites are banned.. Friendster, Youtube, hi5, myspace, launchcast, radioblog,vidilife and etc. are amongst those that are banned. But with the friendster thing I have a solution to that... of course I have my proxy site. :) Hehehe Smart me! :) I just hope that won't be caught by the tech guys and have these (the proxy and music) sites banned too.

And last but not the least... tomorrow's pay day! Yippee! Shopping galore again! I can't wait till tomorrow. I'm so damn excited.

No comments: