Friday, July 28, 2006

Back Track...

I was browsing through my old files and I saw this, I remember this was my first post on my friendster blog. This is a product of boredom... :-P


CRAZED...

I didn't really think I'd meet Prince William in person. Last month, I walked into the courtyard of Buckingham Palace with the wind whipping my carefully brushed hair into a bird's nest. The day was cold and damp, with the chill sneaking through the layers of wool, linen and cotton.

We walked past an arch guarded by a pair of beefeaters. Or Bobbies, I think. I'm not sure which they were. They’re the guys on London postcards pictured next to historic buildings--red uniformed soldiers standing at attention with foot-high fur hats sitting on their heads. They do not move, they do not speak, and they stand like statues against the buffeting wind. Very, very good looking statues. I would have taken one home if I thought he would fit in my hand carry.

We gave up our coats, mittens and scarves to the staff in the cloakroom, and were led into a big, airy hall filled with people in suits chattering and shaking hands.

And there he was. William. Tall, blond with serious blue eyes and a quiet smile. I could feel him watching as I shook people's hands. When i turned around, there he was, leaning against the wall across the room.

He tapped the shoulder of a man beside him, asked something, and gestured to me. The man answered, and William nodded his thanks. I thought he was going to walk towards me but he seemed to hesitate. Finally, he walked towards me. The room was suddenly silent.

“I'm sorry”, he said, “I know it is against protocol, but I couldn't just stand there and wait to be introduced”.

I swept into a graceful curtsy.

“I'm Kristin Ann, highness. From the Philippines”.

“I knew it was you!” he said triumphantly. “I apologize, it is not like me to be so demonstrative.” I raised my eyebrows. I wish he would get to the point.

“...but it's not everyday that a man meets the girl of his dreams.”

Whoa. i take it back. Slow down, you're going a little too fast.

“ Pardon, your highness?”

”Not 'your highness' to you. William. Call me Will.” he took my arm and steered me over an alcove, away from prying eyes. Possessive already. Not a good sign. I made a mental note to let him down gently.

Will smiled down at me. “I know you, I don't know why. I've never met you, but the moment i set my eyes on your picture, I knew you were meant for me.” He laughed a little at himself. “I know I sound quite mad, but I came today because I had to know if it was all my imagination. And it's not - you're here, I'm here, it's as if it was fated. Your eyes, your smile, your lips, your brows....” Oh good Lord, was he going to start reciting a sonnet about my ears?
Before he could go on, I raised my hand to silence him. You really have to be direct with royalty, else they'll go on and on.

“Will, highness, you must understand, I am honored by your attentions, truly i am...”
“Then, you accept my suit? You'll marry me?” He leaned forward to drop a kiss on my lips, but i stepped backwards and he nearly sighed. Sometimes, these aristocrats can be a little too confident.

“No, highness.” If a white man can get any paler, he did. I am flattered, but I cannot stay here. My heart belongs to the Philippines.”

He brushed it off. “I will go with you!”

“You can't you know you have a duty to England.” I could see him struggle with his emotions.
Like the gentleman he was, he smiled sadly and didn't press any further. “Very well. My apologies for presuming on your affections. My thanks for honoring me with your time, my lady.” He turned away, then stopped as if he couldn't help himself. “Remember I will always be here. Waiting.” I didn't let myself feel regret as I watched him leave. The room exploded into sound as dozens of people busily chattered over the sight of the Crown Prince being rejected.

As far as i know, the prince is in Scotland, nursing his wounded heart.

And I sit in front of the computer, nursing my delusions.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! you turned him down???? haaaay! kung ako yun... Go na! whahahhahah

Kriann said...

hehehe... kasi naman to good to be true... heheheh miss you too sis! :)

Anonymous said...

sige mangarap ka.. libre yan.. may pagkiss kiss ka pang nlalaman dyan ha. malayo na narating ng pangarap mo. "They do not move, they do not speak, and they stand like statues against the buffeting wind" -- sana madala ka ng wind hahahaha

Kriann said...

ano ba yung sinabi ko dun? "to good to be true.." dapat dun ay TOO good to be true hehehe

Kriann said...

----> ate shein. oo mejo malayo na nga ang narating... yan ang nagagawa ng boredom! heheheh anyway, di na ako kayang dalhin ng wind, mejo lumaki na ako ngayon eh.

Kriann said...

----> k'anne. sana nga maging true. wish ko lang... hanggang wish na lang to. wala akong binatbat kay katte middleton!

Anonymous said...

oi, anong ilusyon na naman yan? nakakasama sa'yo ang pagtatrabaho mo kung ano-ano na ang naiisip mo eh.pero ok yun ah! for a change.. hehehhe

Anonymous said...

nice one ate tin! ahahaha, sarap mangarap no.. :p

Kriann said...

---> rhostle. Oo naman... kung ikaw may chris ako naman may prince william! heheheh ;P

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Kriann said...

thanks for dropping...

Anonymous said...

i love it...hahaha perfect deluded tale...a must read for those who dont believe in dreams.;) lol funny, creative, super imaginative... with a touch of elegance to its fairy deluded tale. I started to think as if it really did happen, as to the way u described england...it puzzled me...r u sure u haven't been to london and visit the queen -only to turn down prince william's wish? hahaha...love it love it...keep writing! big-up!!!