Friday, July 7, 2006

Locked Out.

After work Nhez, Tin and I decided to meet and have dinner to talk about our business plans. We were supposed to have our dinner at Esquinita but the place was so crowded for the reason that we don't know. So we decided to find another place. We were walking along Sgt Esguerra when the rain poured. It was raining so hard, and finding a cab is harder. Good thing Tin brought an umbrella with her but the size of the umbrella is not enough to shelter us from the pouring rain. After about twenty minutes, which seemed like forever we finally found a cab. We decided to stop the cab at Napoli's Pizzeria and we had our late dinner there. We had (as usual) carbonara, pizza and tossed salad with thousand island dressing. At around 10ish we called it a night. Tin and Nhez dropped me at Quezon Ave - EDSA intersection. Then from there I took a cab to our house in BF. I arrived at our house at around quarter to eleven I think. When I got there I called my brother to open the door for me but unfortunately he was out for the night and is not coming home till the next day. I called our househelps but they didn't answer. I think I made about 50+ missed calls but to no avail, I was already loosing hope. I already cried almost a bucket of tears. So I felt that if I can't still get in, I'll spend the night at Tin's place. For the last time, I peeked at the dirty kitchen's door then a brilliant idea came to my mind. I tore a part of the screen near the door so I could reach for the lock inside. I was able to get inside our dirty kitchen, but still I wasn't able to wake up neither my dad nor our househelps. I was really tired, physically and emotionally so I just drifted to sleep while seated on the chair. I didn't had a goodnight sleep, as I've expected. It's so hard forcing yourself to fit and sleep on a hard chair. And the night's really cold coz it was raining. I really felt cold, but I got nothing to keep me warm. I tried to call our househelp's phone every 30 minutes but still at no avail. At around 5 AM, my dad went to the kitchen and he found me there. The only thing I remember was that he was carrying me to my room. Suddenly, I remembered that I got work at 8AM,but since I didn't get to have enough sleep, I had no choice but to move it to 12:00NN. When I woke up at around 10:00AM, my dad asked me how did I get in, I don't want to get myself to trouble by telling him that I tore the screen so I just told him that somebody forgot to lock the kitchen's door. I told him not to be angry with the maids anymore 'coz if they did not forget to lock it up, I might be soaking wet in the rain the whole night. Fortunately, my dad bought the idea. I didn't get into any trouble. Smart me! :) And my dad also told me that next time it'll happen again, I should not hesitate to wake him up. Heheheh I got away with it clean... really clean.. :) It's really great to be a daddy's girl.


It's only 3 hours more before my week officially ends! But... there's a catch. I'll be a nocturnal worker again... Sigh. When I heard that yesterday, I did broke into tears. Why oh why everytime there's a shifting of schedule it's always me that's affected??? It's not about the shifting of schedule because I'm comfortable in any of the two, wether day ir night. Its just that I'm wondering why it have to be always me? That's why I hate team meetings coz everytime we have one, my schedule never fails to change... Poor me... On second thought, just a consolation prize, I think it's because of my versatility that's why they often change my schedule. Yeah, maybe I'm right.. heheheh there's no harm in sweet lemmoning. :) Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»