Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Reality TV

I felt like were on a reality tv these past weeks, we need to be cautious because there's someone watching over our every move. The difference is there's no big brother, but a stepmother watching over us. She's not like big brother who still cares for his housemates even when they make mistakes, she explodes like a bomb anytime she just feels like. She's also like a child who throws tantrums, and she also morphs to a different persona in just a split second. She can be an extremely nice stepmom but she can also be more wicked than the most wicked stepmom you've ever seen on movies and soaps in your whole life!

Last night we had our share of confessing in where else? The confession room! We (my brother and I) were called by our dad and stepmom to their room to talk about things. When we got there the environment is very different, you can feel the tension and pressure of the people inside, each of us is trying to control our emotions or else we’ll end up killing each other! Hehehe just kidding! We’re not that brutal yet… but we’re on our way! Nyahahaha! Anyway, I think I heard my stepmom’s teeth gritting and my brother’s fists clenching. There were so many issues raised. And take note, same old issues. So old that those are older than EDSA II, so why not drop it off folks? At first I was just observing, observing as to where the conversation would lead. But when the time came when I thought that I should really talk, I talked. At first I can hardly utter the words I wanted to say but after a few exchanges of words, I became used to it right away and words kept flooding from my mouth. My dad and stepmom were shocked, and I was also as shocked as them! I never thought I’d be able to say those words. Nah let me rephrase it. I never thought that I could tell those words to their faces this soon, I saw it coming but I didn’t think that it would be this soon. But have no regrets, ‘coz after that I really felt good. Not just me but as well as my brother. But I won’t dig deep on the issues that we’ve tackled, it’s something that I wanted to forget as of the moment. But before our conversation ended we told them that we’re leaving the house. We also told them that we’re leaving with no bitterness, we’re leaving because we just felt that it’s the best thing for all of us. And we also told them that we better leave while the damages are still tolerable. In short my brother and I told them that we’ll be doing a voluntary exit.

I’ve realized that its better that we had that conversation because if not it would be hard for us to tell them that we’re planning to leave and live on our own.

After our very heart-warming conversation (as if), we left the confession room (my dad and stepmom’s room) and went straight to our respective rooms and started packing our things. While packing my things I had mixed emotions, I was sad because we’re leaving and that means I won’t get to see my li’l stepbrother on a daily basis, and I’m sure I’m going to miss him as well as my stepsister (though we’re not that close but we tried bonding for some time), our househelps they are so cool and they are my confidante and it works both ways on us. Though it’s not me who pays them, but I know their loyalty is with me, with us (my brother). I don’t want to be hypocrite but I know I’ll be missing my dad and stepmom too at some points, they’ve been my family for over a year. I’m also going to miss my room, my commuting from Fairview all the way to Makati. And of course I’ll miss the home that I had for over a year. But even so I’m also happy ‘coz at last we’ll be free from our stepmom’s shadow. And we’ll be living on our own! I missed leaving independently.

We’ll be moving out this weekend, and our new home we’ll be at Boni, Mandaluyong City. The house that we’ll be moving in is a small (not to small that we couldn’t fit in, just smaller than the house that we have in QC or the province) pretty modern house. And its way nearer to my work, which means that I don’t have to wake up at 5 o’clock in the morning to catch my 8AM shift. And I can afford to take the cab on a daily basis, unlike in QC that I always feel guilty after taking the cab ‘coz it normally cost me 200 bucks or more. Yippee! Lucky me!

Anyway, I’ll be posting here pictures of our new home after we moved in this weekend. And later I’ll announce the house party that we’re going to have there!

But for now, I’m still going home to QC.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

di ko alam to ah! ba't di mo sinasabi sakin? umalis na kayo d'yan. ASAP! Dito ka muna sa house magstay. Kainis sya ha!

Kriann said...

Ok lang yun.. we'll be moving out today... :)

Anonymous said...

dapat may house party! Wahhahaha. ako bahala sa drinks! tapos isali natin si kuya para sya sa food. :)

Kriann said...

hehehehe. oo nga! sge bah!

Anonymous said...

aawww, dito na kayu sa me makati dba?! hehe mas malapit.. :D

Kriann said...

Oo nga, Mayapis na kami! yehey! di na ako ma-lalate!(wish ko lang) house party tayo pag settled na kami. :D

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

Kriann said...

thank you...

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Kriann said...

hahahaha! thanks for dropping....