Saturday, August 19, 2006

About Moving on....

I went to G3 yesterday to buy myself a black Havaianas Joy (it looks like this but just black)because when I went there last Monday one of the shop attendants told me that new stocks will be arriving on Friday and that was yesterday. I had high hopes of getting my own because surely there'll be enough stocks, when I got there... Voila! The black Havaianas Highs and Joys are sold out! Waaaaaaahhh! I almost scream when I heard the attnedant telling me those. What the.. ? It was just earlier that day when the stocks arrived and already gone before sunset??? Poor me...

So to mask my disappointment and to give myself a consolation I got myself two books from Power Books(they're on sale 20% off till the end of the month), one by Paulo Coelho (of course my fav'rite author) and the other by Katherine Patterson.

I started reading the Bridge To Terabithia last night around 10 o'clock I was just planning to read half of it because I still have work early the following day but when I was halfway I got really hooked, and I ended up reading the whole book last night. I didn't put it down until I was done reading it all. And because of that I'm very sleepy now and my eyes are very droopy. Its not because I read till dawn. No, in fact I finished reading it at half past twelve I think. But the thing is I spent about a couple of hours pondering about the book and the lessons I got from it. The book is very good, and to tell you it was the third book that I've read that really made me cry... The first book that I've read that made me cry was the Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan, second was Tuesday's with Morrie by Mitch Albom and last but not the least... Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Patterson.

Actually, the book is a children's book I think or a tweeeners'. Anyway, i'ts a story about the friendship of a ten year old boy(Jess) and girl(Leslie). It tackles about their lives as kids and it also signifies that even how different the persons can be from each other still they can be friends, not just ordinary friends but the best of friends! In the book the two kids made their own imaginary place/'kingdom', ruled by no less than the two of them. It also tells about moving on.. No matter how big the piece you have lost.. still you need to fight and move on...

And speaking of moving on...

I sent my ex a greeting because it was his birthday. My ex and I were not bitter with each other we still ended up as friends but not like the way we used to before we're together. Anyway, he replied to my e-mail and told me that he's getting married. I thought it was just a joke but he told me that he isn't bluffing. I thought of some reasons why he's gettimg married at such a young age and her soon-to-be wife is even younger than us. I had this feeling that maybe she got her girlfriend preggy. I asked him why but he didn't mail me back. And then yesterday, our common friend told me that her girlfriend is 3 months preggy. I wasn't shock at all since I already had the feeling. After my friend told me about the news she then asked me how I feel, and I said I'm a little sad because they're too young. And she again asked if that's what I really feel and nothing more? And I said yes and that's all it! Maybe if this happened when I was still not over him, I dunno... maybe I'd freak out! hahahaha Actually, I really don't know. But for sure I'll be shedding a bucket of tears maybe... But that's if this happened before I was totally over him.

I have moved on.. and he did too. In fact he was the first to have moved on... He had a girlfriend after barely a year we broke up. And that girlfriend is soon to be his wife... and the mother of his child.

As of now he haven't replied to my e-mail yet or maybe he'll never will. And I don't want to mess up with his life either. We're both living separate lives...


Happy Birthday my Tito!

I want to greet a happy birthday my best college BOY friend Jack. Though I don't show it but really I'm missing you so much... I'm missing the whole gang and I hope to see you all soon. Let's party when I get there!!!!


Weekend Getaway


My rest days are here! Yippeee! I'm flying to Cebu first thin in the morning. I'm going to Malapascua in Bantayan Island. I'm going to spend a couple of days there... all alone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you read Paulo's eleven minutes or the zahir? ..sure you've been through a lot while you were on the stage of moving on...

Kriann said...

I've read eleven minutes... and you won't think that Paulo's the author.. it's so different from his other books. I haven't read The Zahir, it's thebook that I bought yesterday.

Moving on? Sure it's really tough! But I made it! I ended up victorious! Whahahahaha.

Anyway, Paula thanks for bloghopping.. :D

Anonymous said...

You're welcome. I saw your blog link from a friend's blog roll.