Friday, August 4, 2006

Bad Day

I can hear Daniel Powter's song on the background.

Because you had a bad day
You're taking one down
You sing a sad song just to turn it around
You say you don't know
You tell me don't lie
You work at a smile and you go for a ride
You had a bad day
The camera don't lie
You're coming back down and you really don't mind
You had a bad day
You had a bad day...


It really is a bad day, its supposed to be our payday today but because of certain circumstances our salaries won't be released till Monday. Oh God! I was already anticipating for this day since the start of the week. I already planned on how to spend the mullahs that I'll be earning.

You see, it's really hard to count the chicks when the eggs are not yet hatched. Sigh.

I have this other problem... my brother and I don't know how to tell our dad that we're moving out, and we're planning to move out tomorrow. I really don't know how to tell him, I don't have any reason that would not offend him. As much as possible I don't want him to think that we're not happy with the way our lives go in that house, I want to break it to him in the most subtle way that I can. Question is... how?

I don't know if we can still move in tomorrow aside from the fact that we haven't asked for permission yet, I'm also penniless! How will I help my brother pay for the things that we'll need when we move out? Where will I sleep? We had a deal that I'm going to buy my own sleeping stuff. Does that mean that I'm going to sleep on the uncushioned bed while I'm penniless? How about my scolio? Oh my God! Good thing tomorrow and the day after tomorrow will be my rest days, I won't spend for my fare and meals.

I know I don't have to worry 'coz for sure my brother won't let me starve and sleep on an uncushioned bed but it's just that I'm more like ashamed of myself because every time I'm broke I always run to him. And he never asks for anything back. Though he's my brother I still don't like the idea, I'm already grown-up and working. I only spend my earnings for myself and I'm also receiving a monthly allowance from my mom but still I get broke. i think I really NEED to change my way of spending. These past few months I noticed I've been spending much on nonsense stuff. I really need to save! I need to save up for the rainy days... Well, no room for regrets. I might as well start anew (this coming Monday). A lesson to learn Kristina.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you're only broke, penniless na pala? as if naman di nangyayari sa'kin yan. Normal na sa'tin yan... :D Anyway, just tell me if you need help. Tuloy pa rin tayo later ha? I'll wait for you here. We'll have late dinner and we'll drink and dance the night out! Hahahahah

Kriann said...

OK I will, kaya lang I forgot to bring my phone with me. Just wait for me there sa shop. You need to adopt me. You have to! :-P