Sunday, September 17, 2006

For the Best

She is my exact opposite. We don’t seem to agree in so many things, from the type of clothes we wear, the books we read, the places we go, the music we listen and the movies and television shows we watch. Between the two of us she’s always been the fashionista and kikay type, and I’m more on the ‘dress-safely’ side, the jeans-and-tee kind of girl. She loves reading romance novels, and I was into adventure the likes of Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys when I was growing up. She wants to go to places which I don’t like, she listens to love songs before going to bed and I have alternative music as my lullaby. She loves watching sappy movies be it foreign or local, and I just simply hate those kinds before. By simply putting it, we clash, we always do.

When I was in my teenage years, we always have this cat fight. And mind you, there was never a week that we don’t fight. But despite these differences, we still love each other. And I know and I can say that she loves me and my brother more than anything in this world. And with that great love, we’ve settled our differences. We try to reach out with one another. She even started to like alternative music, and I also learned to love the love songs she listens. And she made me appreciate romance novels, though I rarely read those types but hey I try to when I got no other book to read. And she also learned to love my cooking, or maybe she just got used to it. And maybe she doesn’t have a choice but to appreciate her daughter’s urghhh cooking..

She’s been through so many things while raising us. She juggled jobs, she literally made both ends meet just to give us a comfortable life. Which we are thankful for till this very day. She’s the sister that I never have, the best friend that will never ever leave my side. The fashion guru/make-up artist that never charges a penny but only hugs and kisses. She’s the greatest mom that I ever had (as if I have more than one!). She’s also the coolest mom ever. She lets me sleep over at friends’ houses and the other way around. She covers up for me when my grandmother looks for me when I’m hanging around town with friends. She also helped me sneak in and out of the house when I need to attend late club and society meetings. She’s my confidante, I turn to her to ask for advice in making a decision, whether it’s just a matter of what clothes to wear for a certain affair or what to do with a cheating boyfriend. She’s been very supportive of all my endeavors in life. And she’s always been my number one fan. She appreciates even the littlest thing I do. She’s really the best, I won’t trade her for anything. If given a chance I’ll still choose her to be my mom in my next life.

As mentioned in my previous post, September is my mom’s birth month, September 17. I just want to have something here in my li’l blog dedicated to her. So here it is… ma, we’ve been through a lot, through heaven and hell but we’re still here standing still and loving each other more and more each day. I love you so much. Happy, happy birthday!

No comments: