Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Puerto Galera Getaway


My schedule was changed from Monday-Friday to Tuesday-Saturday, so that means I had three days-off from work. I thought of something or someplace to spend my 3 days off from work. I had Baguio or Puerto Galera in mind. It was already Friday night, and I’m still not decided as to where I should go. Saturday morning I woke up past 9, I was already thinking about cancelling the trip (wherever would that be) and just stay at home. But my mind was really confused, so I decided to pursue the trip but the destination is yet to be decided. I wanted to go to Baguio but I had second thoughts. I asked my brother, and he suggested that I should just go for Puerto Galera since I haven’t been there yet unlike Baguio. I hesitated at first, I really can’t decide. So my brother just left for work but told me to be sure to inform him where I’m heading. I was really, really confused. After quite sometime and after a lot of thinking I settled for a Puerto Galera getaway. I left home at 1 o’clock in the afternoon, I just texted my brother to inform him that I was set for Puerto. It’s a shame but I have to admit that I wasn’t really sure on how to get to Puerto Galera, it will be a very different experience for me. So my first problem was getting there, and I remembered that there was a bus in Kamias to Batangas Pier. I headed to Kamias and took the bus to Batangas Pier, good thing there were no traffic jams coz it was Saturday. The bus arrived at the Pier at half past three. When I got off the bus there was a lady who took my bag, I told her that I don’t need a hand because I can carry it myself. The lady insisted on carrying my stuff and told me that she won’t charge me anything for it, I didn’t really believe her coz I know that at this time nothing’s free, I know that there will be a catch. I wasn’t wrong, there really is! She offered me local delicacies and asked me to buy all those. I thought it was just ok, but when I asked the price… oh my god! She is very overpricing! She’s selling me some sweetened tamarind for a hundred and eighty bucks and a polvoron-like delicacy for the same price. I was really shocked, I never expected for that tamarind to be that expensive and that polvoron-like stuff? I don’t think they’re from Goldilocks, so no reason for those to be pricey. I didn’t accept the food they were trying to sell to me. But they kept on insisting and I’m quite pissed off, to avoid my temper from rising and to make them stop I just bought those coz I was really in a hurry to get my self to Puerto Galera.

When I got to the port terminal there were several men from those shipping lines trying to win a ticket sale on me. A guy asked me where am I going, I told him I’m off to Puerto, then he asked me back Sabang or White Beach? I have no idea! I went near the ticketing booth and saw the schedule of the trips. I saw that the trip to Sabang is earlier than the trip to White Beach, so I bought a ticket to Sabang. I went inside the port terminal, there were lots of people inside. Then there was a lady who sat beside me, just to be sure about my choice I asked her if where’s better Sabang or White Beach then she told me that White Beach is better than Sabang. I was confused again. I decided to go back to the ticketing booth and have my ticket refunded so that I can buy another ticket to White Beach. When I got there the lady in the ticketing booth doesn’t accept ticket refunds, luckily there was a lady there who’s going to Sabang so I sold her my ticket and I bought one to White Beach. On the schedule board it says that the boat to White Beach will be leaving at 4:30, but because there were few passengers our trip was very delayed. We left Batangas Pier at 6:00, and there were only 3 passengers, all of us were girls and 4 crews of the boat and all of them were men. Our sailing was fine not until we were almost in White Beach, it was like riding the Anchor’s Away ride at EK. The boat is rocking so hard. Maybe if I didn’t have a tighter grip, I could have fell off from where I was seated.

When we got at White beach it was already past 7 o’clock. I started looking for a place to spend the whole time I’m in the island. I saw this not-so-big ad it says ‘Marco Vincent Resort the biggest resort in White Beach’, I followed the resort and it was like a fifteen-minute walk from where our boat docked. I don’t know if that was really 15 minutes or I was just exaggerating. :D And you know it’s really hard to walk on sand carrying your luggage. When I got to the resort, its really true, theirs is the biggest resort in White Beach. I checked in, checked the place then fixed myself and I headed out to the beach front for dinner. I met some people at the resto there, they were really friendly…..

I flopped to bed that night earlier than my usual bedtime. I just felt so tired maybe because of the long trip. I also woke up up earlier than usual, truly "early to bed, early to rise"! I had a great breakfast, courtesy of the resort's complimentary breakfast. After eating, I went to have a walk to the beachfront. I wandered along the shore. Earlier that morning I had the urge to go swimming on the beach, but when I got there I lost interest coz it seems like everyone have company but me. So I just went back to the resort and decided to just swim in the resort's pool. I had the pool for myself, not just the pool but the entire resort. I was their only guest left, that morning, all of their guests be it foreigner and local had checked-out already.

Before lunchtime my brother arrived, and after leaving his things in the hotel we went straight to the beachfront to look for a restaurant where we could have our lunch. After that we went back again to the hotel. I just spent the whole afternoon sleeping, while my brother went to wander around White Beach. He just came back right after sunset and asked me to get up and have dinner. I really felt like relaxing the whole time I was there, and sleeping is my idea of relaxing! You got it right, all I did that day is just sleep.

The following day, we both got up quite late, and we also had of course, a late breakfast! Hehehe. After that my brother finally forced me to swim in the beach, since it would be my last day, I gave in to his idea. We had so much fun swimming!

After swimming, we ate our lunch and went back to the resort and get ourselves ready for our trip back to Manila.

Though I didn't have enough time, I still enjoyed my/our little weekend getaway.

(my brother said that if he only knew that my idea of relaxing is just sleep, he told me that I should have just stayed at home or just checked-in on one of the hotel here at the metro.)

No comments: