Saturday, November 24, 2007

Give Me A Sign

The other night I envied all the call center reps in the country for the reason that they don't have WORK because it's Thanksgiving day in the US. So after I had dinner I asked for a sign from the universe if I should report for work or not. I came up with the idea that if at 3AM it would rain I won't report for work . When my alarm went off at 3AM ... Surprisingly IT WASN'T RAINING, NOT EVEN A SINGLE DROP! So I went to work... Of course not! You are absolutely WRONG! I thought for a moment and I told myself "I had an asthma attack last night, so I need to rest and a little slacking won't hurt", and so I went back to sleep. Hah! See? Sign or no sign I still do it my own way!

This morning I also had a similar situation, though I didn't ask for '
signs' anymore. When my first alarm went off, I didn't mind it 'coz I still have a second alarm but when the second went off I didn't notice/hear it. When I finally woke up it was already 4:19AM and that means that I am sooooo late even I'll do everything in a rush! I thought of slacking off again, I even tried to go back to sleep. But when I closed my eyes there's this little voice that's like knocking some sense to my sleepyhead. "Get up Kristina! You need to go to work, it's the last day of the week!", I don't know why but I got up and went straight to shower. I got in almost an hour late but it doesn't matter I'll just adjust my work schedule for the day.

Actually, I don't have anything to do today here at work, but I just need to be here because ...I just have to?! That's the briefest reason I can think of. (
Bangag na bangag pa ako, ayoko pang mag-isip!)

I don't want to stay at home too because I'll be alone, and we have no internet connection yet. We haven't moved our connection from our old place yet. So, no reason for me to be home buddy today. I am also excited because it's my second Saturday night that I don't get to work (I've been working graveyard shift for over a year), last Saturday I had so much fun! We went partying the whole night, and I met some new friends too!

I don't know what's gonna happen tonight, but I'm pretty sure it'll be something big because it's Ate Ada's last week here in Manila and she's going back to our dear hometown next Friday. Can't wait till my shift's over.

Have a nice weekend everyone! Ciao. :)

8 comments:

JGG said...

lol. i waited thanksgiving day because its also a holiday here (im not a call center agent - though). but poor batang buotan! software dev team need to work! waaahh.. so we worked while the rest enjoy their holiday! whew!

Anonymous said...

In my opinion you are not right. I suggest it to discuss. Write to me in PM, we will talk.

Anonymous said...

I consider, that you are mistaken. I suggest it to discuss. Write to me in PM, we will talk.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, lookin forward to chattin it up

Anonymous said...

nice stuff here, very very nice

Anonymous said...

Hi all. How are you?

Anonymous said...

Well that is really interesting, thanks for sharing that!
Small Vacuums
http://smallvacuumcleaners.net/

Anonymous said...

So..... where is toilet? Hehe))) Joke, relax ;)
Hope for no silence