Thursday, November 22, 2007

Out With the Old

We moved to our new place last night, it is way cooler and more spacious than our old one. Though it’s a lot bigger, I still miss our old place, it has been our home for the past year. There are lots of memories there that are either worth to be treasured or buried. Our old place was the first place that my brother and I rented out with our own earnings. It was the place of so many firsts, when it comes to living independently. And it was our refuge when we left our dad’s place due to some misunderstandings with her wife… Stop it Kristina! Stop being nostalgic, quit the drama. There’s no U-turn slot in the highway called life, we got to keep moving on in this one way highway.

Anyway, I’m used to packing my stuff for short or long trips since I was in grade school but I didn’t remember that packing could be so exhausting! Not only we were exhausted with the packing but also with the hauling of our stuff down from our third floor, old apartment to the jeepney that we rented out to move our stuff and then from the jeepney to our new place. Good thing there were no more stairs involved, but the rain is quite decided to get involved last night. Rain was pouring lightly (thank god, not for the rain but for the word that described it: lightly). I was grumbling about the downpour but my brother told me to step back a notch with my grumbling because he thinks that the rain was some kind of a blessing. I know most people sees the rain as a blessing, and I do too but not in that situation, when you’re moving your stuff and your eyes gets misty, you can’t see the way clearly and you’re about to trip off not because you get teary-eyed but because of the pouring rain that gets into your eyes and because of the rain that makes the way slippery.

I’m really sorry rain, you know I love you, you know that I pray for you to come but there are just some times that I need to be left alone by you. Moving in and waking up early for work is one of those. So please next time if you see me packing my stuff and preparing to move or when I need to wake up early for work please don’t pour yet, you may if and when I’m done moving or when I’m already at work. I’m sorry if I’m being selfish rain, just understand me. I still love you, ok?

Hah! I was carried away again. I don’t know but sometimes rather most of the time I don’t think about the things I post here in my blog. I literally spew words here even they don’t make sense. Anyway, back to our moving, we haven’t settled all our stuff yet but we’ll get to it maybe the task will be done by the weekend. Just maybe. Oh no, it needs to be done because we’ll be throwing a housewarming slash graffiti party. You’re all invited! It’s for you to find out where I live though. Hahahaha

Happy Thanksgiving to my friends in the US and to my call center rep friends happy vacation (Thanksgiving Day kasi kaya no-calling day), and to me and Edgar may we have a not so boring day tomorrow here at work (its holiday for the ops so we have nothing to do but we need to be here because we’re part of the support group and not the ops, sigh.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so you're from the call center industry as well? i know u dont make some calls since ur from the support group.. which intrigues me,r u from etel?? =)

Kriann said...

Yeah, call center but not etel. :)