Thursday, November 29, 2007

Mad Post!

I am raging mad! I am neither pro nor anti Senator Trillanes or the administration, but I am really, really pissed off! I experienced the tension at the Manila Peninsula Hotel this afternoon, we were running like mad people around the area just to avoid stampede and worst stray bullets. And I saw how the PNP and AFP reacted to the situation. And I am very disappointed! Why do they have to fire when there’s no reason to? Why do they need to force the tanker or the APC inside the hotel lobby? Why they have to let out tear gas? And lastly, the thing that made me really pissed is why they have to confiscate the videos that the media took, why they have to interrogate the members of the media and why they have to handcuff them and bring them to Bicutan? They are treating them (members of the media) like criminals! Don’t they know that they are violating the freedom of the press and of course human rights?! The press are there to show the people what really is happening and by doing so I am sure that they didn’t violate any law.

I look up to the media ever since I was a kid. They were my hero while growing up, and they still are to me now. I like their courage and drive to bring the news to the people no matter what the dangers they are facing. I am mad not only because Pinky Webb and Ces Drilon are among the media persons that were arrested but I also empathize everyone from the media. It’s not their fault that they are there, they are only doing their job and what they do is a service not only for the Filipino people but also to the world. And what the military are doing is not fair! Really, really UNFAIR! This is the first time that I saw this kind of situation, where media are being arrested. What do the military want to imply? Do they want to deprive the Filipino people of what the real situation is? Or maybe they want to hide something from all of us, maybe they did something that they don’t have to do and so they are afraid that the media will be able publish or broadcast it to the world.

What irritates me the most is that they arrested the media people without telling them what their charges are. In fact one official said
“Dadalhin muna naming kayo sa NCRPO sa Bicutan at doon natin pag-usapan and kaso n’yo.” What the ****? They are arresting people without any charges? They have no basis in custodial interrogation, there was no assault so they definitely have no right to arrest them. I think some officials are forgetting the laws, maybe somebody needs to have a refresher course on this.

You maybe wondering why my post is focused on the arrest of the media persons. If some of you didn’t know I am a big media advocate and a news and current affairs junkie. And news and current affairs is already part of my daily life, and without the media there would be no one to deliver the news to me/us. And without them, we won’t be updated of what is happening in our country and the world.

BOO TO THE GOVERNMENT FOR VIOLATING HUMAN RIGHTS AND FREEDOM OF THE PRESS! IT IS A VERY SERIOUS OFFENSE! WHAT’S HAPPENING NOW IS WORST THAN THE MARTIAL LAW ERA.

UPDATE:

The government is implementing a curfew from 12MN-5AM in Metro Manila, Southern Luzon and Central Luzon. Is this the greatest plan they can come up with? Another boo to you! I won’t be surprise if one of this days the president will declare martial law. That would be a very desperate move and maybe their last resort.

Another update, Korina Sanchez and Ted Failon interviewed PNP Chief Razon at TV Patrol World and asked him about the arrest of the members of the media and who will pay for the damages at the Manila Pen and guess what he said? Senator Trillanes will pay for the damages! Why is that so? Did Senator Trillanes force the tanker inside the lobby of the hotel? Did he ask them to do it? Razon is the biggest pup of the administration! He’ll do everything for his dearest president, he will even kiss a dog’s ass if she says so. Nagpapalapad ng papel dahil kaka-install lang sa kanya as the chief of the PNP.

What’s happening to our country? It’s such a shame that we have members of the arm forces like that. I wish all people would dare stand up for our rights as Filipinos. We need to make a change. I’m calling all the people out there to make a difference.

LET’S STAND UP FOR OUR RIGHTS!

3 comments:

JGG said...

as far as i understand, government authorities are just doing what is right to secure our nation. what happened yesterday was an act of rebellion - a threat to democracy. in conflict that involves national security, it is very difficult to draw line of demarcation between right of information and the need of suppression.

several years ago(after the many coup attempts during aquino admistration), philippine press were already discussed its rule in times of conflict or ho they deliver information when national security is at stake (crises reportage). however, no clear consensus until now.

when a report tend to lean its bias to rebels, they must be prosecuted. after all, the existence of the press depends on democracy and not on nation's enemy.

i consider Trillanes as my enemy. i see him as enemy of state. allow him to rule. buy his rotten ideologies and this nation will be at lost.

Kriann said...

I understand your point,I really do, but if you were there yesterday you can say that it was kinda exaggerated, and overrated! There were so many APCs around the area and about a thousand AFP and PNP officials. I think even a quarter of the military and police present there would be more than enough.

Just my ten cents worth of thought though. :)

I just hate that they made me walk and run for more than a couple of miles yesterday wearing my peep toe wedges under the rain. And for the heaviest traffic jam ever, i think.

jeune fille said...

i am used to being an apolitical individual...it is not a big deal to me what had happened yesterday...i mean all those personalities,whether from the government or the opposition are up for their vested interests...that's what make politics...i tell you, it takes only Divine intervention to heal the Philippines,kaya wag ka masyado affected...savor the richness of yourself...don't mind them (politicians and rebels)...i bet they don't mind you, too...carpe diem...