Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Quotes I (try to) Live By

I want to share with you the quotes that I love. These quotes are like the codes that I live by to get me going with my life.

“Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door.” ~Coco Chanel

Sometimes when we let something pass or when we fail on something we tend to loose hope and sulked in bitterness. We often don't notice that what we are trying to do or to achieved isn't really what is meant for us. There are so many paths and doors that needs to be walked and opened so why linger on to something that is impossible.

"Beauty isn't worth thinking about; what's important is your mind. You don't want a fifty-dollar haircut on a fifty-cent head." ~Garrison Keillor

True indeed! I would rather be the and shabbiest but smartest person alive than to be the most beautiful but the dumbest person on earth. When I choose friends, it won't matter to me if you look like Angelina Jolie or Whitney Tyson, what matters most is the personality of the person, how she acts to life's challenges and how she thinks to overcome the challenges that comes along his or her way. I am not against beauty because I love beautifying myself too, it's just that personality is my priority. For me beauty is just not everything in this world, a little brain can help.

I am convinced all of humanity is born with more gifts than we know. Most are born geniuses and just get de-geniused rapidly. ~Buckminster Fuller

This is what I like to think when I encounter people who lacked common sense. No, I don't look down on them it's just that sometimes they really get on my nerves! You see, this situation explains why I like what Garrison Keillor said. I just put in my head that these people were geniuses, they just get de-geniused eventually.

"Holding anger is a poison. It eats you from the inside. We think that hating is a weapon that attacks the person who harmed us. But hatred is a curved blade. And the harm we do, we do to ourselves." ~ 5 People You Meet in Heaven

So true. I used to hold anger against the persons that hurt me and did bad things to me, but I realized holding a grudge didn't do me any good and it didn't do them any harm either. In fact it was the other way around! I felt terrible and I felt no one will ever want to love me because I was a bad person, by thinking bad about the persons who have hurt me. Instead, we should forgive and forget what they've done to us and he (the big guy up there) will do the rest for us.

"No life is a waste," the Blue Man said. "The only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone." ~ 5 People You Meet in Heaven

Another true story, often we disregard and push away the persons who love us because we are so busy thinking that we are alone and nobody cares for us. We tend to think that we are the only person who loves us. We should get rid of this thinking and start feeling the love and care of the persons around us. It might be too late.

"Know one thing about everything and everything and everything about one thing."

I don't know who said this first but this line is what my dad often tells me when I was a kid. He said that if I know one thing about everything knowing everything about one thing will follow. It's never too late to learn new things. And as clićhe as it may sound "experience is the greatest teacher". So if your experienced in life, your wiser than you are when you were a kid.

and finally the quote that I always think of when I go out with friends on a Saturday night....

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed.
Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams.
If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered.
Then I say to myself, it is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true
than be selfish and worry about my liver. --Jack Handy

I hope you have a good day!


3 comments:

the assassin within said...

my dad always tells me this " life is what you make it" ... so here I am... living my life to the fullest. wink*

Kriann said...

I so agree with you! :) That's also a song from the Hannah Montana album. :)

jeune fille said...

probably you're right..but not when u still suffer...it's case to case basis, i guess...depending on the degree of the "pain" they caused you...just want to add some to that quote you have had..."don't get mad, get smart."
getting mad will not make anyone pretty...holds truth, u have to be crafty to convince everyone that you were not hurt?