Sunday, May 18, 2008

Book Blabbing


I'm at work right now but I don't feel like I'm at work at all. Since my shift started all I did was just surf the net, listen to music, IM and occasionally search for videos on the web. I just wish everyday is Saturday or Sunday at work. The workplace is just so peaceful during these days unlike the market-like environment during the weekdays. Weekdays can go pretty crazy here, like a mad house! But I just don't like to spend the entire night staring at my monitor. It's soo boring, I would like to have little challenges on the side. Like some problems that I need to attend to. But on second thought.. Nah! I'd rather be here doing nothing than cramming my butt trying to be some superhero who'll save the day from further system downtime.

Anyway for the lack of something to do, I did read some chick lits that I have downloaded before. It's no ordinary chick lits, it's Meg Cabot's the author of Princess Diaries, which the movie almost all girls happen to love. For the record I only read the (chick lits) works of Sophie Kinsella and now Meg Cabot. I have read all books of Sophie, it started with the Confessions of a Shopaholic because I was kind of curious about this book and how almost all girls talk about this for hours. And I kinda admit that I've read that book because I was kind of ... just a little I think, of a shopaholic myself. After reading the 'confessions' of Becky Bloomwood, I kinda got hooked up and I ended up reading all Sophie's books.

Tonight, I've finished reading two of Meg Cabot's books, How To Be Popular and Queen of Babble. I also started reading She Went All The Way but I ditched it, for now, thinking that my shift's about to end and I won't be able to finish it today. Maybe tonight. I had fun reading How To Be Popular, you can score a tip or two! But I just think that it was a teenybopper one. Basing on the fact that the leads were 16 year olds. I had a great time reading Queen of Blabble. I love the fashion freak Lizzie Nichols and the uber hot Jean-Luc. The plot is similar to Sophie's Can You Keep a Secret but Jean-Luc is hotter and the setting/scenery is superb. A French chateau in the countryside with the vineyard, a real windmill and the Dordogne river! Lizzie and I share the same passion which is fashion and her love for vintage clothes. Oh my! I am already morphing into a Queen of Babble! I need to stop this nonsense blabbing. I suggest you read the book so that you'll know what I'm blabbing about. :)

I am so not ashame that I've read those books. I love Paulo Coelho, Amy Tan, Sydney Sheldon, Mitch Albom and a few more but Meg and Sophie's humor is incomparable. They are both hilarious! And reading a chick lit is like my own diversion, it's like watching a funny movie after a stressful day to relax yourself and forget about anything that matters even for a while.

How about you? Have you read any chick lit? And what book was it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tin, is meg cabot really that good..when i went to NBS last week, a lot of gurls were lining up in the counter with meg cabot books in their hands,i think there were like 3 of them..

Kriann said...

She's kinda good and really funny! So far all the books that I've read (she wrote) were all good!