Sunday, May 4, 2008

Greek Nostalgia


This afternoon I got an SMS from a friend that Pinoy Meets World will feature Santorini and some of Greece's famous/gorgeous places (Crete and Athens). I don’t usually watch the show but because they’re featuring my most favorite place on the planet, I can not afford to miss it for the world. I can’t get enough of Santorini! It is a place where you can’t say that you’ve seen enough after a few visits, because you will always discover something new each time you set foot on the place.

Miriam Quiambao told the viewers the brief history and culture of the people living on the island. And how some people think that somewhere in or near the caldera was the lost city of Atlantis. Which I also happen to eventually believed, as all of the Greeks I know strongly believed and convinced me about the idea. Though I’m not in the position to say what is true and what’s not because I’m no archaeologist but the “evidences” are strong (in mine and their opinions). And just thinking about being somewhere near Atlantis is a great feeling. And you’ll be like “Man, I am floating above the lost city! Beat that man!”. Hahaha!

Anyway, they showed the viewers the abodes of the Greeks in Santorini. The white houses that I so love, and the donkeys that they use as their means of transportation. Miriam also brought the viewers to the caldera.
The view from the caldera is very breathtaking as usual. And she also visited some place around the islands capital Fira. She along with her Greek friend went to buy some ingredients for Tomatokeftedes, the tomato meatball without the meat. Opa! Opa! The tomatoes from the island is one of a kind, its because of the volcanic soil where it’s planted. I was hoping that Miriam would also visit the dock where Lena and Costas often meet. (Just want to squeeze this in, as the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 will be hitting the theaters soon)

She also visited Crete, I always love to visit the place… One day I’ll set foot on that island. The island seems great and rich with history and culture just like any other places in Greece. And lastly, Miriam took us, the viewers to Greece’s capital, Athens. I love Athens too! It’s a city that combines history and modernization. I so envy Miriam for she was able to visit Parthenon and the whole Acropolis! I am so green-eyed now! I promise I’ll get to Parthenon before it turns to dust, as its ruins now are so ‘ruined’.

I haven't saved enough, so for now I'll just satisfy my Greek craving by watching the Sisterhood movie. I just hope the movie will hit Philippine theaters soon.
Thanks Kitty for the SMS. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Kriann, i would have love to watch that but i missed it, i didn't know, whewwww, i think pinoy meets world is every wednesday here, that would have been so wonderful to see.

Kriann said...

It was great! Or maybe I'm just biased because I just love everything about Greece! :)

Can I add you to my links? :)