Thursday, May 4, 2006

Thank God for Paulo

I'm done reading Eleven Minutes and it took me 3 days to finish the book because I'm on a night shift and its really hard to do some reading when i get home from work when I'm already tired and very sleepy. But still, I managed to finish it in 3 days! Good for me! The book is really great! And as always, Paulo Coelho never fails to fascinate and hypnotize me with his works. He made me journey with Maria from her small town in the interior of Brazil, to Copacabana, to Geneva, Switzerland and Paris. How she struggled to achieved her dreams, from being a young, pretty innocent girl to an intellectual prostitute. And how she learned from every mistake she made in life. And finally, how she found herself and her love.

If you love reading, i suggest you read this book. I'm also planning to read Veronika Decides to Die and The Zahir (works of P.Coelho) on my day-off.

On the Other Hand
My friends are inviting me to come with them to Puerto Galera this Saturday, but I haven't decided yet. It's hard for me to say yes because I got books to read, I still have work tonight, and I only have one day-off for this week. And I don't think I can still squeeze that 'Puerto Galera get-away' on my schedule without affecting or ruining any on my list, because for sure if I'll be going to Puerto I won't be able to report for work on Sunday.

I really want to go with them 'coz its been ages since our last trip together, but how will I do that? It's too late to file for a vacation leave, I don't also want to phone in sick and file a SL on Sunday (I'm afraid of karma) but I also don't want to be absent (I hate deductions, and I don't want to lose the attendance incentive). Whew!

And hey, did I mention that I'm planning to have my birthday bash on Saturday night? Whew! (again!) Please enlighten me...

No comments: