Thursday, June 8, 2006

The Best That I Will Never Have

I've been waiting for the time that my emotions will explode so that I could pick up the pieces and put them into writing. I've been trying to write something about this but I wasn't ready then and now I think is the right time. This is about a friend, a very dear friend actually. I met her when I was in my 3rd year in college, she was 23 or 24 then I'm not really sure and I was 18. She was supposedly my GE instructress when I transferred from MSU-IIT, but since all my minor subjects were credited , I was advised not take GE course anymore. We came from the same school (MSU-IIT), she graduated there and I have spent my first 2 years in college at that university too.

One day we had a small talk, we talked about our life and experiences in the university, and the people that we both know from there and anything under the sun. And based on our pep talk I can say that she's an intellectual person. And eventually, we became friends. We're alike yet so different in so many ways. We were like the North and the South poles, but we jived really well. We get pretty good conversations each day. We can talk sense, that sometimes we argue and often times we talk about the craziest things, stuff like having a cheetah as a means of transportation, seating on a giraffe's head to fix electrical posts, mixing lotion and toothpaste to substitute for a massage oil.

I know everything about her, her dreams and frustrations from childhood to present, and she also knew almost everything about me. We were very close. We travel together, we eat our meals together and we even sleep at each other's place. We were inseparable. She sees me as her little sister and I see her as the big sister that I never had. She need not tell me about her major heartaches because i was there when it happened. I witnessed everything. There was also a time that I played cupid for her. I was there everytime she and her so-called boyfriend meets up. and witnessed everything (literally), though i played asleep sometimes hehehe, but often times they get me drunk so that they can have their private time, but they don't have to force me, I chose to be drunk than be awake and feel out of place. She even swore that I'll be the first one to know if something big happens to her life like getiing married or having a baby. I clinged to that promise, because i trust her that much. During the 2nd semester of my last year in college she decided to leave her job and pursue with her master's degree. We still communicate, at first we call and text each other everyday (thanks to Sun cellular), then it became once a week, then once a month to once in a blue moon. We just send each other messages during special occasions like Christmas and new year.

Then last year, I was surprised because she sent me an instant message through YM and told me that she's pregnant, I wasn't that shocked 'coz i know that she have a boyfriend but still I was concern about her, about her family's reaction. I'm also flattered because she said I was the first one to know about her situation aside from her boyfriend. But after that we didn't communicate again, I just heard from a friend that she already told her parents about it and they understood her situation. I was happy for her when I heard that, who wouldn't be, right? Anyway, it doesn't end there.. You think I'm only writing this for that? Of course not! There's more to the story... that really hurt me...

Last April I went home to our province when I visited one of our common friends she told me that my dear friend already got married. That time I was shocked.. really! It hurt me big time! I was lost for a while when I heard the news. I tried to justify her for not telling me but I can't find any reason why she didn't. She even told me her darkest secrets before but this marrying thing? I felt like I was betrayed. On that very day my friends forced me to pay her a visit, I submitted but I wasn't excited anymore to see her coz seeing her just hurts me even more. I really felt rejected.

Haaaay, I have learned my lesson well... I think its not good to be really 'attached' to a thing or person, 'coz it would be very hard letting them go and accepting the sad fact that they can't be with you, and never will be. Belle, you're the best friend that i will never have. :-(

But still I wish her and her family all the best this world can offer. And I know that she'll be a good mother to her daughter/son. Special thanks to Adel and mommy Sweet who comforted me, they really made me feel better. Kudos to you dear friends. Thanks a lot I really appreciate what you did for me. :-)

Ok, so much of these mushy endings... from now on I would write stories about some person's who touched my life and who contributed to what I am now.

No comments: