Monday, June 26, 2006

My Weekend Nights

I came here at the workplace early Friday night to invite my work and off-work buddy Nhez for a Friday night out, since it's been ages since the last time we went out. Unfortunately, Sir Leo, who used to be our project manager called and asked for someone from the IS team, and I was the sole IS officer that time so we talked and he asked me to upload the test leads for our new UK account. And since I'm workaholic by nature(ewwww, doesn't fit!) I gave in. And while uploading the test leads requests from different projects started flooding. And alas! I'm tied up with work, and the Friday night out is on without me. Poor me. Around 11 o'clock my bosses are already here as well as my co-IS, Kuya Red so I decided to leave the workplace. But before I left I PMed (is there such a word? :) ) G-boy to ask him if he's going home to QC so I'll have a company on the way home, and he said yes so I asked him to wait for me. On our way home, I really felt bad because earlier that night I was already anticipating my first night out after a month or so. But there I was, heading my way home. Suddenly, I felt hungry and I remember that I haven't eaten since Friday midnight, and G-Boy haven't eaten his dinner yet too. So we just decided to have dinner first before heading home. We were suppose to eat at McDonalds at Quezon Ave, but its already closed! God! pagsinuswerte ka nga naman! So we moved to other place which is Cafea, then when we're already there I found out that I don't have enough funds, my wallet is almost empty so we rushed to Timog to find for an ATM, we've been to 3 different banks, but it said that 'transaction cannot be completed', and it dawned on me that it must be a universal conspiracy! Huh! I'm jinxed that night. Good thing G-Boy remembered that there's a UCPB bank somewhere in Tomas Morato so we went there,and luckily the universal conspiracy ended there. I was able to access my bank account! So we went back to Cafea and had our very late dinner there. We talked about anything under the sun.. err.. i think it's anything under the moon! hehehehe Corny points for me! Anyway, I also met one of my buddies there, Tin, she came with her high school friends. After a couple of hours (I think t'was around 2:00AM) we waited for a cab then went home. Though my night out didn't turned out as planned, I still had a great night, and my Friday night was not spoiled. Thanks to you Mr. G-Boy. :-)

I woke up late last Saturday, I think it was around 1 in the afternoon. It was a very lazy afternoon, coz the rain was lightly pouring. I was lying cozy in my bed on a rainy Saturday afternoon when Nhez and Rey texted me and reminded me that I agreed to come over to their pad. So I hurriedly took a bath then get myself ready to leave. When I arrived at their pad in Makati, they were also feeling cozy in bed while watching Sister Act on Star Movies. We watched the movie till the end though all of us already watched it a hundred times since we were kids. After the movie we decided to have coffee, we had Starbucks, CBTL and Cafea as our choices I also suggested Tiendesitas and they said that it's pretty far so we ended up at Esquinita, near ELJ. We had dinner there, a couple of rounds of booze and tons of talks! I really missed those guys its the first time that I went out with them since December of last year. And at around 10:30 we decided to call it a night. I arrived home at around 11 o'clock, I was early!

I spent the whole day of Sunday in bed while watching TV. It was around 6 o'clock that I played with my hair in front of the mirror, then I thought of cutting my hair short and have some bangs for a change. So, I went to my brother and beg him to come with me to Fix, he accompanied at Fix then after that he said that I should treat him for pizza, the price of accompanying me to the salon! So I just gave in. When were on our way to Berkeley Square we passed by Nail Loft and we decided right there and then to have foot spa. After about an hour we went to Yellow Cab at Berkeley Square to have our dinner, we had Manhattan Meat lover's pizza and pistachio ice cream.Not minding the rain and the cold wind blowing outside. And after our great dinner, we went straight home.

I think I already got used to the night life, and I mean it literally. I don't wanna go out now when the sun's up. It's really a paradox 'coz now I'm off the night shift and I'm on the noon shift which is 12:00nn to 9:00PM.

I just wanna say thank you to all the persons who made my weekend great, Nhez, Rey, Kate and my brother.

Hope to have another blast next weekend!!! :)

No comments: