Friday, October 26, 2007

8 is Enough!

The six of us have known each other since preschool. We went to the same grade school for awhile, but Joy and I transferred to different schools. The six of us met again in high school, we were at same school again, but with different set of friends. We knew each other quite well so if you asked me that time if we could ever be friends I'll say "NO" straight to your face for we have different and extreme personalities except from the fact that we were/are all achievers not only academically but as well as in arts and sports. But aside from that we have nothing in common.

It all started when we were nearing the end of our sophomore year in high school, we began hanging out together because one of our friends (from our own different cliques) are either cousins or started being cool with each other. And because of that we got to know each other better. And what used to be 3 different circles became one, not only that from 6 girls we grew to 8, and Jeyeen's aunt named us "8 is enough". And later did we know that most of our parents were also friends since high school! And as they say the rest is history.

The 8 of us have always been there for each other, for the best times and the worst times of our teenage lives. My friends are really crazy and unpredictable but that made them the best. We were the "cream of the crop" in our batch, and when we work together expect that there will only be two outcomes either the best or the worst! Hahaha! I won't mention here what my friends did to me or the things they made me do. But it wasn't that bad... just enough for me to grow and be ready for the bigger world in college.

We hang out everyday even after school, we used to have a group study but we don't really get to study, we always end up chatting the time away. We have sleepovers and we go shopping together like what most teenagers our age do back then. We go swimming, camping, hiking.. we basically do everything together. We never get tired of our faces. My high school life would be very different if I didn't get the chance to be friends with them.

I decided to blog about them because I recently talked to 2 of them, and after that I found out that I missed them so much. We're hoping to meet up again during the holidays, and hopefully I can make it home this Christmas.

And don't be surprised if my next posts will be about each of them.. I'll try my best to introduce them to you one by one, and hope that I can give them justice on my entries. Ciao.

No comments: