Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Shopping Bug Strikes (Again!)

As usual I woke up early this morning, a quarter past five. I had my dose of morning show while lying in bed. When the show ended I was still swimming on my bed, contemplating on what to do next. I don't know what got into me but I felt like doing the laundry, though I loathed doing it I did it anyway. I did the laundry, cleaned my closet, had pilates, bathed and even prepared our lunch. It's the first time in months that I had a very productive morning.

After we had our lunch me and my brother went to Baclaran church, and said our prayers. If you want to ask me what I prayed for, I won't tell you for now. It might get jinxed, and those are some things that have to be kept for the moment. Since we're near the MOA area we decided to swing by the mall. We scouted some of our favorite shops but we didn't get anything other than hunger and thirst. Of course you know what's next... we had our dinner there at Jatujak! I really missed their Bagoong rice, Chicken in Pandan leaves and their super tall and flavorful Thai iced tea. Our dinner was totally superb!

We we're already heading home when we passed by Marionnaud and I saw the big MAC sign! I begged my brother that we stop there for a minute and I will just "glance" around. The "glance" wasn't really a glance because I ended up testing some products and later did I know that I already spent 4.5 grand! Oh my! You may call me a late bloomer, but to tell you the truth it was the first time that I splurged that much on make-up. I know for some people what I spent was just a measly amount given that it was spent for make-up, but for me it IS the most! Honestly, most of the costly stuff in my kit are just given to me by my mom, aunt and grandmother. I think 500 was the most that I spent for a product, but today I spent 4.5 grand just for a compact powder, lip gloss and eye shadow palette! Aghhhh... But hey I think it was a good buy (that's what the MAC beauty consultant told me) because the eye shadow usually costs 800 bucks for a shade but the palette has 4 shades and I got it for only 2.1 grand, see my point? Anyway, I have no regrets it was so worth it (Don't argue with me please!)!


When we left Marionnaud we passed by Kamiseta and surprise, surprise! It's their first day on sale, and they're having up to 50% off! Gosh! I just can't let it pass! And luckily (or unluckily for my pocket) I wasn't able to leave empty-handed. I bought a dress and a top with 50% stashed from the original price. Lucky, lucky me! Unlucky, unlucky for my pocket.


I just have a simple wish.. I hope my mom won't read this post, on second thought I might want her to read this, not because I want to upset her but I want her to know that I have my very first MACs that I can call my own! Lucky me, my mom is a huge make-up fan! She has a vast collection! You can find any shade you need from her kit, from the very basic to the rarest shades. And she's very good at "painting" her face as well as others', I even think she could make it as her career if ever she wants to give up teaching in the future. And not only that, my mom as well as my aunts and grandma have these shoe/clothes/bag fetishes as well. So, I think I don't need to be surprised anymore... it runs in our genes... :p

1 comment:

Joannie said...

Wow! It's the first time, right! You're finally a lady missy!