Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 Year-End Report


It’s roughly 13 hours before 2013 closes. And that only means I have to write my year-end report. It’s not like someone will sue or shoot me if I didn't write one, but it’s because I made a promise to myself a few years back that I will write a year-end report each freaking year. It's getting old, seriously! I write almost the same things over and over again. It seems like each year, I have the same pattern. But not this year, I am pretty excited to write about it. It’s kind of different but the same. To make it different I’m just going to make a list of everything that happened this year. Well, not everything, I may have to remove or not disclose some of those things. *wink*

I was excited to start 2013. I had a temp job waiting and I just couldn't wait what would be in store for me as the year unfolds. So here it goes…

1. Got a temp job. A high-paying temp job, but sadly it wasn’t for me. The schedule was crazy and the job was routinary. 
2. Met “someone” at my temp job. Not really a good news. 
3. Got a call from the job that I’ve applied for 3 months ago (October 2012).
4. Got the job! Yey!
5. Left my temp job. A bit sad but I know it’s for my own good.
6. Found "a really good friend" in the person of “someone’s” friend.
7. Met great people in my new job. Hooray for new friends!
8. Broke up with “someone”. Thank god?! Moving on…
9. My first project went live! 
10. Got regularized! Another YEY moment.
11. Attended a training that gained me more great friends.
12. Ran 3K, 5K, 10K
13. Falling for “a really good friend”.
14. Went on a beach trip with family.
15. Avoided “a really good friend” to prevent from being hurt all over again.
16. Nursed my almost broken heart.  Yeah right.
17. Fan-girling on someone else’s past relationship. Can you blame me? I love them both and I love the idea of them together. :-)
18. Sitting on a couch making this stupid list. Hahaha! 


All in all, 2013 has been a great year for me. Lots of ups and downs but it’s all worth it. Also, in between each item on my list I had lots of coffees, meals and crazy conversations with my new friends.

In case you want to read my 2012 year-end report and the year before that (2011). :-)

No comments: